Working as a Beauty Consultant for Clinique

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.=)

I just have a quick question. I was offered a position for Clinique as a Beauty Consultant. I'm a freelance makeup artist and I have sales experience (was a sales associate). Has anyone had any experience with Clinique?

How is it working there? Are sales goals hard to achieve? Any tips or experiences to share?

Also this job offer is at Macy's, but I also have an interview with Nordstrom as a Beauty Consultant as well. Would Nordstrom be a better place to work at, (salary, atmosphere, etc) or does it really matter?

Thanks again
smile.gif

I don't know if it would be much different at a Clinique counter, but I worked at a Benefit counter in Macy's and it was very sales driven. Everyone was expected to meet hourly/daily sales goals, but more importantly push the Macy's credit card, which I really hated. I don't know if it's different at Nordstrom, but it's likely similar. If you really know about the products and are genuine about things with your customers, you will make the sales.  Clinique is well known and has been in department stores for decades and they frequently run promotions, so you probably won't have to be chasing down customers. I would talk to both Macy's and Nordstroms and find out what counter you'd be at (would it also be Clinique at Nords?), who can give you more hours, who has better commission, will your hours be affected by your sales (sometimes things are just slow!), etc. and choose from there. Hope that helps, and good luck on your interviews!

Thanks for replying. For Nordstrom, I am not sure what counter I'd be at. I had the Macys interview already and it went great. I have the last phase tmrw. the process was very quick, about a Weeks time. If Macys gives me the job first, how can I kindly postpone their offer so I can wait for Nordstrom?

Thanks for replying. For Nordstrom, I am not sure what counter I'd be at. I had the Macys interview already and it went great. I have the last phase tmrw. the process was very quick, about a Weeks time. If Macys gives me the job first, how can I kindly postpone their offer so I can wait for Nordstrom?

I used to work for MAC at Nordstrom for three years, and I will honestly say that I loved working at Nordstrom way more than Macys.  The management was great and the pay was better.  Macy's was unprofessional and had a very high turn over because of it.

just an update: I got the job at Clinque. I met with the Clinique account executive and that was the best interview I have ever been to. She was more like a teacher and giving me tips; we probably talked for an hour. Very great experience.

I'm still waiting for Nordstrom, but I'll probably take Clinique because I really need a job now, and I don't want to miss the offer

Thanks for the advice ladies

Latest posts

Back