Would this annoy you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
celly, i know exactally what/who youre talking about

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I remember a few times on here - especially when I first started being active. This girl gave out CC and everyone jumped on her ass for being so "harsh". Please, that girl needed it... and honnestly, it annoys me big time especially if someone is gonna post their face all over mut, great good for you but its a mu website, there is bound to be some sort of implied cc. i dont like how i feel im not allowed to say anything remotley negative.
but ash, ive learned to deal w it. i guess you just have to ignore it

take you for example, i was looking at your timeline thread, and you have improved soooo much. but, then again, you may have come on here to improve, some on the otherhand come soley for praise.

and i dont really post fotd's but id like it too, i guess we have to ask for it and do what mama taught me, (n what manders allready said) if you dont have something nice to say dont say it at all.

ok maybe this was a tiny rant of my own lol but i agree ash!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif My experience on this site and others is that poeple can't accept CC. They all want to hear how great they did no matter what. One question...how do you know they don't accept your CC, have they said that or is it simply not noticeable in their pics.
Because of my experiences I don't offer CC, unless it is asked for. If I don't have something nice to say I don't say anything at all.

Ditto on what Manders says!! There are tactful ways to give CC but I believe you should only give it when it's asked of you. If I want to post a FOTD and you dont like it or think I need room for improvement, keep it to yourself unless I ask you. Though if I do ask for it, I want COMPLETE honesty!!! I wouldnt wanna go out of the house lookin like Mimi from The Drew Carey show because someone lied to me and said my makeup looks hot....lmao

CC is basically not allowed on this board pretty much. lol

Which was hard for me to get used to but ive gotten used to it. Im apart of some LiveJournal sites that is more than just CC its just really brutal and mean. Their is a fine line between CC and just being plain old mean.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif CC is basically not allowed on this board pretty much. lol Which was hard for me to get used to but ive gotten used to it. Im apart of some LiveJournal sites that is more than just CC its just really brutal and mean. Their is a fine line between CC and just being plain old mean.

I've seen CC given in the FOTD threads and D2B threads without problem before. I've also seen "CC" given that caused drama/problems. It's the attitude of the person giving the CC that determines whether it's offensive or not.
It's when the person comes across as intentionally negative or hurtful that it's a problem. It IS possible to give CC in a positive manner, and I've seen it done here.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've seen CC given in the FOTD threads and D2B threads without problem before. I've also seen "CC" given that caused drama/problems. It's the attitude of the person giving the CC that determines whether it's offensive or not.
It's when the person comes across as intentionally negative or hurtful that it's a problem. It IS possible to give CC in a positive manner, and I've seen it done here.
smile.gif

It goes both ways. Some people are too sensitive and cant take CC when its not even that bad.
Its all on how a person handles it and some people just cant handle it.

Was the original intent of this thread that the person wasn't following the advice? Not necessarily that they handled the cc well? Could they have blocked you so now they are not seeing any of your replies of advice? They may also not agree with what you've offered and rather than shooting at you straight they feel it best to just not say anything. That's just another idea in addition to what I have already posted on this thread.

As far as constructive criticism there is a proper way to do it. There is also a proper way to take it. This goes off topic from the original post a bit but I believe it's all about etiquette in anything we post or reply to. Some really just don't know any better. Those are the ones that I sort of feel bad for. I ignore them and go on hoping that one day they'll catch on and understand for their own social well being. Then there are the one's that know better and choose to be ugly regardless. Either way they are easy to spot and the way we "handle" them speaks volumes of ourselves. When you come up against a negative you have to ask yourself if this person is really worth your time or consideration. Also with CC there are always different opinions of how something should be. So really CC can be looked at as an opinion and not necessarily the correct answer. Either way a thanks I'll try that and see if it works for me is all that is needed.

So if they are not listening to you just know you were only trying to be helpful and go on sister. No one is worth putting you in a bad mood
smile.gif

I think there is alot of people on here looking for approval of some kind, and they cant take CC, i have recently read a thread where someone asked for advice and when it was given they got most upset

sadly, it happens but i guess, with time you realise who you can give cc to and who will appreciate it

some people just need to knw that if they suck( this is theoretical) and they post their face all over the boards all the time, someone is bound to tell them...eventually...not that it has to be said maliciously, but we all seem to agree that its the way you say it.

and some people, have rediculus ideas...lol at celly, so someone needs to tell them the truth

some people can't take it, it's true. I would welcome cc, as long as it wasn't along the lines of "b!tch, you ugleee"!! haha. If you can't take it, you shouldn't be posting your mug for all to look at!!

I agree with most everyone here. Like celly said, everyone can improve! I only want to hear CC from people who can do their own makeup good though, haha.

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif some people can't take it, it's true. I would welcome cc, as long as it wasn't along the lines of "b!tch, you ugleee"!! haha. If you can't take it, you shouldn't be posting your mug for all to look at!! Lmao. Good one.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with most everyone here. Like celly said, everyone can improve! I only want to hear CC from people who can do their own makeup good though, haha. That's true tho... but any CC is welcomed for me.I need most help in taming my Bert & Ernie-brows and face.

Originally Posted by SalJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif some people can't take it, it's true. I would welcome cc, as long as it wasn't along the lines of "b!tch, you ugleee"!! haha. If you can't take it, you shouldn't be posting your mug for all to look at!! LOL! That's true! I agree with everyone as well...I don't feel comfortable giving cc to someone who hasn't asked for it, because that person might feel like, "who the hell is she trying to give me unwanted advice?" And yes, tact is important when giving cc.

Back