Would this annoy you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ugggh so would this bother/annoy you?
There is people that are really in love with makeup and want to be a MUA. But the thing is that they are horriable, getting better slowly but still bad. And most people are nice and try to help. But they dont listen to CC. It was fine for a little while but my god now it just burns me. People always wanting help, but wont take advice to better them selves. Would this annoy you? It burns me lately I cant take it anymore. I dont dont even give the CC half the time and its still annoying.
scared2.gif

Im sure a few people here know what im talking about. I guess this ended up being more of a makeup rant! lol

mm, depends - if they tried to tell ME how to do my makeup when they were much worse than me then yes it'd annoy me. Maybe those people are trying to better themselves but they just arent very good at it or very quick, or maybe they dont agree with your criticisms?

basically, just try to feel better in the knowledge that they'll get shot down when they start their business or try to get a job and no one wants them?

Hhhmmmm...no idea who/what you're talking about?! lol...but it WOULD be annoying if someone asked for advice and then couldn't take it when you gave it to them.

It depends on what you say and how much potential they really have. Hey maybe they have a wacky style that someone might love.

My experience on this site and others is that poeple can't accept CC. They all want to hear how great they did no matter what. One question...how do you know they don't accept your CC, have they said that or is it simply not noticeable in their pics.

Because of my experiences I don't offer CC, unless it is asked for. If I don't have something nice to say I don't say anything at all.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif My experience on this site and others is that poeple can't accept CC. They all want to hear how great they did no matter what. One question...how do you know they don't accept your CC, have they said that or is it simply not noticeable in their pics.
Because of my experiences I don't offer CC, unless it is asked for. If I don't have something nice to say I don't say anything at all.

dito.gif

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hhhmmmm...no idea who/what you're talking about?! lol...but it WOULD be annoying if someone asked for advice and then couldn't take it when you gave it to them. It was just in general, well it was about someone but I dont want to be rude and blast her name all over the net, shes had enough of that.

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It depends on what you say and how much potential they really have. Hey maybe they have a wacky style that someone might love. It isnt wacky. its sloppy its unblended colors not matching wrong colors for her fall out hardly ever clean-up a pound of liner thick eyeshadow under lashes.

But this was bascially a vent I just couldnt take it anymore
smile.gif

Amanda I know what you mean. I used to get so pissed when people gave me CC because I wanted to hear it was good. I finally started thinking "hey they are trying to help me" Now im fine with CC good bad & ugly. Well except for when its rude not about mu.

Hm I don´t think it would annoy me. If someone asked me for CC (which I don´t know why they should cause I´m not that great at doing makeup IMO) I´d word it as nicely as possible, so I don´t see why anyone would get upset over that.

I personally can take CC, for sure. Basically I´d kinda like CC for every FOTD I do (considering how much I have learned since joining, and I hope to learn more and improve more) but then again people would get annoyed with that for sure haha

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif My experience on this site and others is that poeple can't accept CC. They all want to hear how great they did no matter what. One question...how do you know they don't accept your CC, have they said that or is it simply not noticeable in their pics.

GMTA!!!! =)

It wouldn't bother me, but it can get a bit frustrating when the people will not accept that maybe they didn't do as good of a job as they think they did, and then they get all defensive.

If the CC is given in a nice way, I don't know why anyone would be upset over it - especially if they asked for advice and CC in the first place. So yes, someone asking for help and then not accepting it would annoy me.

Like Benebaby, I wouldn't give CC unless it was asked for specifically.

I feel the same way. I do think that when giving CC it should be done in a tactful manner, but don't ask for CC and boo hoo when someone tells you what you could have done better to improve yourself. JMO

Haha. Weren't you caught up in something like this Ash, over Myspaz since you couldn't take their CC?

I remember a few times on here - especially when I first started being active. This girl gave out CC and everyone jumped on her ass for being so "harsh". Please, that girl needed it...

...tbh, everyone needs it. In my FOTD - I'mma ask for it as well since I'm new to this game.

I honestly don't like praising someone for their makeup when it ain't all that great. I would love to give them more advice on what works for them and what they don't need. But after seeing that one girl get jumped for giving out CC - I said forgetabouit.

So yeah, like Manders said - some people just want to hear the good things but also if you do give it out, it's going to seem like you're being a beeyatch for doing so. I'm too blunt anyways, so regardless I'll sound mean. Haha.

Hi,

If some truly wants me to give them cc, then I will email them privately. When I give my opinion, I honestly point out the good and the bad.

Ok now that I know what CC stand for! LOL

I haven't been here long and I haven't really mastered the in's and out's and how things really work. Like I didn't know that you could actually see the result of your advice to another. Was it on their profile? As most have already stated constructive critism is very hard to take for some. There is a fine line there as well and I believe they have to jump out and ask for it. Almost to the point of printing their own disclaimer. The problem lies most of the time with how our typed up words are perceived. It may piss some one off to read it where as if you had been there in person to say it they would take it another way completely. I have no idea who this person is but maybe they think they have taken your advice. Who knows...in person you may very well be able to see a difference in their application from pre to post your advice. As for them wanting to be a MU they all have to start somewhere and learn from mistakes and seek out advice. Some more than others just take a lot longer to get there. Just breath in and don't let it get to you. There is only so much you/we can do to help another.

As long as it's given in a nice, tactful way & was asked for than I don't see a problem with constructive criticism. Pretty much everyone has room for improvement. If she asks for help again, just tell her you're not going to give her anymore CC because she doesn't take it & just leave it at that, I guess.

same heerer

Latest posts

Back