Would you go into the army,etc. now????

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Hey girls i was watching this show on t.v. where they were saying that it is so hard to get young american adults to join the army,etc. with everything thats going on.What do you guys think?

I personally would not want to because to be honest id be terrified!!!But i think the soldiers in Iraq are amazing and stong and brave,i totallly support them!!!!!




 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
i wouldn't go in now. i'd be too scared to have to go over there. i don't do well with heat either. lol.

i do support our troops and are thankful that they are doing this.

 
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
2,206
Reaction score
1
I personally wouldn't go, but then I have so many health problems and food allergies I don't think the military would take me. One of my friends just joined the Navy because he's been unemployed forever, and he's absolutely thrilled to be working and going to school. I also have a bunch of cousins in the Reserves and Navy, and they all love it. None of them are doing anything that puts them right on the front lines, so I guess it isn't so bad.

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
I wanted to join the Air Force (I was dying to be the next "Top Gun" lol) but a friend who is a born & raised AF military kid, told me that I'd probably never get near a plane, so that Idea was squashed real fast. I still like everything about the Air Force, but I'd be a little hesitant on joining now.


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i wouldn't because i'm such a coward, but i do think everyone who is over there for us are very brave and deserve the best in life.

what makes me mad is the people in the reserves who are complaining. we were talking about it in english class and my teacher mentioned it, so if i'm wrong about what i'm gonna say, correct me.

my teacher told me that a lot of the people in the reserves are now having fits about being sent to war, saying that they're in THE RESERVES and shouldn't be sent over to fight.

 
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
5,115
Reaction score
0
My husband has been in the Air Force for almost 18 years (been with him for 16 years almost). He's been overseas a few times and never minded. His heart and mind belongs to his country and ready to do what he is told to do. I supported him but was of course scared at times. He was very sad for what happened to the people in London today... So was I. I don't and never will understand the mind/reason killing innocent people. I have Zero Tolerence for that!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I wanted to join the Air Force (I was dying to be the next "Top Gun" lol) but a friend who is a born & raised AF military kid, told me that I'd probably never get near a plane, so that Idea was squashed real fast. I still like everything about the Air Force, but I'd be a little hesitant on joining now.
 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
442
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Originally Posted by nydoll23

Hey girls i was watching this show on t.v. where they were saying that it is so hard to get young american adults to join the army,etc. with everything thats going on.What do you guys think?I personally would not want to because to be honest id be terrified!!!But i think the soldiers in Iraq are amazing and stong and brave,i totallly support them!!!!!







What program was that Gwen? CNN? (Clinton News Newtwork? lol) I do beleive that Charmaine is right and that show is wrong. US military enlistments are way up since 911. But anyhow, Yes I would go BACK in (yes, I am ex US NAVY). I would fight for the US if I had to.
I support our troups and their cause. Defeat them over there so they do NOT come here. They are cowards as they won't show thier faces

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What program was that Gwen? CNN? (Clinton News Newtwork? lol) I do beleive that Charmaine is right and that show is wrong. US military enlistments are way up since 911. But anyhow, Yes I would go BACK in (yes, I am ex US NAVY). I would fight for the US if I had to.
I support our troups and their cause. Defeat them over there so they do NOT come here. They are cowards as they won't show thier faces



I think it was on mtv or vh1,where they were going to highschools asking the kids,mostly all of them did not want to join,but there was one guy who was terrified but he said he would do it just for the colleage money.

 
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
2,769
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What program was that Gwen? CNN? (Clinton News Newtwork? lol) I do beleive that Charmaine is right and that show is wrong. US military enlistments are way up since 911. But anyhow, Yes I would go BACK in (yes, I am ex US NAVY). I would fight for the US if I had to.
I support our troups and their cause. Defeat them over there so they do NOT come here. They are cowards as they won't show thier faces


Remember these are not my opinions but what i saw on a prob so,be easy with me


 
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
2,255
Reaction score
1
I think beuing in the Army would be pretty good,.as long as i wsn't havignt o fight or bomb people.However i think it would be good self discipline and if the job was interesting i would go fo it.(if i was 10 years younger)!!!

 

Latest posts

Top