Would you Like to Visit Another Time?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a huge history buff, so there are alot of era's I would just love to visit:

-Ancient Egypt

- Biblical Rome

- Elizabethan England

-England, before and after it was conquered by William the Conqueror

- France, before, during and after the Revolution (1791-1800)

- The US, before, during and after the Civil war

-The Old West of the States!

- The time of King Alfred (880's)

-The time of the Incans and the Mayans.

And a personal curiosity for me would be to visit Newfoundland (and technically, North America) when Leif Eiriksson discovered it in 1001.

I'm sure I'm missing some, but I would just love to be an invisible bystander (and even a real one if there was no danger!), through all these time periods.

I am just in love with history
smile.gif

I wouldnt mind going back and visiting england, scottland and other places during the medevil times. just a watcher though..

i would like to visit ancient France, before the Celts arrived, as we don't know who was living there before.

i would like to visit the Ancient Egypt. of course as i am a bookworm, i'd have to stop by the great library in Alexandria before it got destroyed.

i'd visit Greece and search for clues on Atlantis' location.

Incans and Mayans

Elizabethan England

medieval Scotland and France

France before the Revolution, especially when Louis (the 14th) was king.

I'm not interested in seeing human history! I want to go back further!

I want to see:

-The last major meteor hit

-Whether the earth was completely covered in ice 300million years ago

If I had to pick an era of human history then I want to go to see Stonehenge being built.

I love history...and would love to go back to the post-depression time period (USA) and get to see how much of a change was made.

Oh, I'd do the 20's as well.

Nope! Because i'm a woman, and in the past generally things were a lot harder for women - mind you , some cultures wouldn't let the women leave the house

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif probably the Italian Renaissance because its my favorite period in art history. mine also. I loved studying it in Humanities when I was n college

Aude, I'd love to see that library too! We have alot in common when it comes to history!
biggrin.gif
I'd also like to see all the major landmarks of the world being built - like the pyramids and stonehenge.

Like Becky, I'd also like to see the meteor hit and the ice age. I'd also love to see dinosaurs!

lol, and i forgot, i also want to see Stonehenge built !

not so sure about the dinosaurs, unless you let me bring a good machine gun with lots of bullets, just in case some nutty dinosaur takes us for a snack lol.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not interested in seeing human history! I want to go back further!
I want to see:

-The last major meteor hit

-Whether the earth was completely covered in ice 300million years ago

If I had to pick an era of human history then I want to go to see Stonehenge being built.

All of that is great! I would love to see all of that. Those are things I am extremely interested in.
I would add one event to that list. I would love to witness the Huckleberry Ridge eruption of Yellowstone. That would be soooo awesome!!!

Below is a diagram to show the enormity of that eruption.

Yellowstone_diagram.jpg

Oh you know what else I'd like to do? Go back and meet my ancestors. Start like, 500 years ago and visit each generation!

I want to go to Ancient Alexandria, with the largest library. GOD I wish I could be alive if they ever uncover all that.

Also, I'd like to live when Cleopatra was around. Just to say I was around with the queen of De...I mean, The Nile.

The Victorian Age, the Elizabethan age, around the ancient Mayans (they were so freaking smart!), and I'd like to go back to the Ice Ages with the wooly mammoths and stuff just to see all the creatures back then.

Saw Kee mention Biblical Rome....I'd love that, too.

I'd have liked to been around when Jesus (the man) walked to Earth...it would answer a lot of questions for me.

History is SO fascinating!!!!! I should get a degree in it. I'd love to.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow . . . that's pretty wild Kat!! Isn't it awesome! That is why I am so fascinated with volcanoes.

I would love to go to Wales to meet my ancestors.

I would love to go to early Scotland 14th or 15th century.

I want to go to the Mod Era in England and the US 1968-1974 as an adult tho.

Latest posts

Back