Wow! She's that old already?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess Cyera really is getting older... She just informed me I need to buy her deodorant! Come to think of it, it was at 9 y.o. that I started wearing it too. I just need to decide if I should let her use an extra one I have here, or let her get her own... Do they even still sell Teen Spirit? LMAO!

Get her her own. It will make her feel grown up. I think I was 10.........that was so very long ago...sigh.....

get her own. its always fun to pick it out. i dont remember how old i was...10?

yeah, i remember buying my first deodorant. i think i was standing in the aisle for a good 15 minutes before i finally picked one! haha

oh my gosh! that is soo cute, i wish i had a daughter, (i have 3 boys) and they just plain stink, its not as cute as when a girl wants her first deopdorant, LOL!!! ANYWAY!!! deff take her to the store so she can see the HUGE variety of deodorants, my fave that i think she'll love is the ones that secret carry that come in perfume scents and the labels are all glittery (and they actually work) or even get her the travel size cuz their cute and she can get several different scents and brands until she knows which one is her fave. have fun!!!!

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh my gosh! that is soo cute, i wish i had a daughter, (i have 3 boys) and they just plain stink, its not as cute as when a girl wants her first deopdorant, LOL!!! ANYWAY!!! deff take her to the store so she can see the HUGE variety of deodorants, my fave that i think she'll love is the ones that secret carry that come in perfume scents and the labels are all glittery (and they actually work) or even get her the travel size cuz their cute and she can get several different scents and brands until she knows which one is her fave. have fun!!!! My god, I read your post and you look so young to have 3 kids! Great job! As for your little one Aquilah, yeah make her feel like she's a big girl and she has her own. Oh and yea, they still sell Teen Spirit!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
(My niece stills wear it)

Sooo cute!! I remember saving up to buy Teen Spirit because my Mom bought me Mitchum...hahaha. I liked the Berry Blast scent. Whoa... you have a little lady on your hands.

how cute! i still use teen spirit LOL let her pick it out. it'll be fun for her
smile.gif

My daughter just started wearing deoderant last year. And the first one she got was Teen Spirit.
smile.gif
At least Cyera didn't inform you the way my Anna did, which was saying, "Hey Mom... do I stink?" and shoving her smelly armpit in my face. LOL

Originally Posted by velvet_tears /img/forum/go_quote.gif My daughter just started wearing deoderant last year. And the first one she got was Teen Spirit.
smile.gif
At least Cyera didn't inform you the way my Anna did, which was saying, "Hey Mom... do I stink?" and shoving her smelly armpit in my face. LOL Ah ha ha ha!!

But for real, let her pick it out...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by velvet_tears /img/forum/go_quote.gif My daughter just started wearing deoderant last year. And the first one she got was Teen Spirit.
smile.gif
At least Cyera didn't inform you the way my Anna did, which was saying, "Hey Mom... do I stink?" and shoving her smelly armpit in my face. LOL LMAO!

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sooo cute!! I remember saving up to buy Teen Spirit because my Mom bought me Mitchum...hahaha. I liked the Berry Blast scent. Whoa... you have a little lady on your hands. lmao

Okay, Seriously though. I dont remember when I started wearing deodorant.

But I can tell you that I was a late bloomer in that field. Late as in 15.

I Know. Gross. I just wasnt really into it and it made me have really sweaty pits.

^

Hey now chickie, let's play nice.
wink.gif

I remember getting my first deoderant stick in 5th grade sex ed. They were handing them out to all the girls in my grade for free. We got Secret "Powder Fresh", or whatever it was. I was just so proud of myself becoming a "grown-up".
laughing.gif
Truthfully, they really needed to hand that stuff out to the boys!
kater.gif

Secret has the CUTEST new shimmer deodorants in total girly scents, and you can buy a body spray that matches!!!

the stuff is so teeny bopper, i think i want to draw hearts on my shoes when i think about it, hehehe

i like the Vanilla Chai myself, it makes me want to have everyone i see smell my pits.

smile.gif
At least Cyera didn't inform you the way my Anna did, which was saying, "Hey Mom... do I stink?" and shoving her smelly armpit in my face. LOL I almost got it that way... It was more, "Um, mom. I need deodorant because on gym days when we dress out we get all sweaty, and then we think we stink, so I need it so I'm not stinky after PE." LOL!
So, I guess it's to the store we go this weekend for her to pick out her first deodorant... Next thing I know, it'll be training bras and pads. I would be surprised she's not already in a bra since by her age I was in one, but I dunno how they "grow" on her father's side.

I love Teen Spirit. Brings back fond memories. I remember loving my Teen Spirit and then getting Midol--wanted to carry it in my purse just in case. LOL

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I almost got it that way... It was more, "Um, mom. I need deodorant because on gym days when we dress out we get all sweaty, and then we think we stink, so I need it so I'm not stinky after PE." LOL!
So, I guess it's to the store we go this weekend for her to pick out her first deodorant... Next thing I know, it'll be training bras and pads. I would be surprised she's not already in a bra since by her age I was in one, but I dunno how they "grow" on her father's side.

Anna's best friend just got her first period (in fourth grade!) and now she's in a big hurry to grow up too. If she's like me, though, she'll probably not go through puberty til she's 12, and not need a bra until then.... actually, if she's like me, she'll never actually need one... lol
I'm surprised that fourth graders where you are dress out for gym already. They don't start doing that in our district til middle school, which is 7th and 8th grade.

Latest posts

Back