Wrinkles & Fine Lines

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting Botox for a while now. I've tried a few creams, some quite expensive and have had varying results. I have quite a creased forehead and I think I look older than I am.   If I do take the plunge and get the injections, will my frown lines come back stronger if I don't repeat the treatment? I don't want to be stuck in a ritual of using Botox every few months and I don't want to be looking even worse if take a long break from treatment.   Has anybody had the injections only once or a few times? Can you decide not to have Botox again after the first time and be OK?

botox.jpg

I am at that age where wrinkles are appearing, there is some discolouration on my skin and  I experience drier skin.

Call me vain, but as a woman, I still want to look good.  Not only to the opposite sex (who doesn’t?) but also for my self-esteem.

So can wrinkles and fine lines be reduced?

Yes, We can remove wrinkles and fines with the help of Botox treatment.
I'm in my early 20s, and my skin gets worse day by day. I have started using night moisturizer and eye cream daily and a retinol cream a few times a week, but it doesn't work for me, and the skin has been getting worse. My forehead lines seem to be getting bigger than usual. So I'm a bit upset and share the situation with my friend. She recommended a Botox injection for me. Now I'm looking pretty good and young. In my opinion, you can also try out this treatment to remove wrinkles

I think that embracing botox is the most rational way to do it. The lines and wrinkles that form in the skin because of muscular contractions can only be eradicated with a neurotoxin. there is no real other remedy for that.

Hi Jasmin, here's what happens based on my experience. Starting with botox injections will be an eternal circle so to speak, which you won't be able to break. However, there is no other way to stop the wrinkles from developing or reversing the damage already done. I have been doing botox injections for a few years now and what I've noticed is that the intervals between injections are getting longer, so I can now do it essentially 2-3 times a year instead of 4-6 times a year. If you only do it once and never do it again nothing bad will happen and your skin will just resume its aging process but from a delayed timepoint. Most of my friends who tried it can not imagine their lives without it now, with the exception of a few lucky ones whose muscles are very weak, and hence the wrinkles are not that deep.

Hi all, I always wanted to get bigger lips, but I have a limited budget. I found out that you can possibly self inject with this Hyaluron pen tool.
Has anyone ever used it and if yes how did you like it?

If we talk about wrinkles and fine lines, then many time it is observed that they are closely related to each other. With the time fine lines get converted into wrinkles.

It happens because our skin looses firmnes and elasticity.
To reduce or treat the wrinkles you can make use of different skin products like serums, moisturiser, sunscreen.
These products will help your skin to recover faster.

If we talk about wrinkles and fine lines, then many time it is observed that they are closely related to each other. With the time fine lines get converted into wrinkles.

It happens because our skin looses firmnes and elasticity.
To reduce or treat the wrinkles you can make use of different skin products like serums, moisturiser, sunscreen.
These products will help your skin to recover faster.
YES YES YES

Also try to massage my face at the end of the day.

I think that embracing botox is the most rational way to do it. The lines and wrinkles that form in the skin because of muscular contractions can only be eradicated with a neurotoxin. there is no real other remedy for that.
Also, Botox won't affect you once it wears off. You can think of it as essentially delaying the aging process.

If wrinkles are what you fear at such an early age, you need to be very possessive about your skincare routine. I think you should start educating yourself about why ph of skin is so important

If wrinkles are what you fear at such an early age, you need to be very possessive about your skincare routine. I think you should start educating yourself about why ph of skin is so important
Does diet play a big part in it or can it be addressed externally with cleansing creams, moisturizers, and other stuff?

Does diet play a big part in it or can it be addressed externally with cleansing creams, moisturizers, and other stuff?
That's a nice question. Do you know half of our appearance is dependent upon what we eat. The better you eat, the better you appear. So if you really fear, be conscious about your diet and enjoy the glow every now and then. Keeping your body hydrated and adding more vitamins to your diet is a secret to prevent wrinkles.

That's a nice question. Do you know half of our appearance is dependent upon what we eat. The better you eat, the better you appear. So if you really fear, be conscious about your diet and enjoy the glow every now and then. Keeping your body hydrated and adding more vitamins to your diet is a secret to prevent wrinkles.
Thank you. What kind of food you think should be avoided or minimized?

Thank you. What kind of food you think should be avoided or minimized?
Go for healthy food rather than junk. Make sure to avoid that fried items or frozen food as well. Be conscious about everything you eat. Do your own research about every food and then consume only. As a human, i believe we love many things that are not good for our health, you can minimize them. Eat a lot of juicy fruits. Do make sure that you eat a boiled egg everyday. This will help you stay young forever. This is my granny's tip so I believe in it.

Go for healthy food rather than junk. Make sure to avoid that fried items or frozen food as well. Be conscious about everything you eat. Do your own research about every food and then consume only. As a human, i believe we love many things that are not good for our health, you can minimize them. Eat a lot of juicy fruits. Do make sure that you eat a boiled egg everyday. This will help you stay young forever. This is my granny's tip so I believe in it.
Thanks for your expert advice and your granny's tip. As a human, always wanting what is not?:)
Thanks for your response.

I've been thinking about getting Botox for a while now. I've tried a few creams, some quite expensive and have had varying results. I have quite a creased forehead and I think I look older than I am. If I do take the plunge and get the injections, will my frown lines come back stronger if I don't repeat the treatment? I don't want to be stuck in a ritual of using Botox every few months and I don't want to be looking even worse if take a long break from treatment. Has anybody had the injections only once or a few times? Can you decide not to have Botox again after the first time and be OK?

View attachment 21747
I would recommend you to insert chemicals on your natural skin. If you want to solve a problem then you need to find out the source of that problem and reverse. Or you can use read this article on how to tighten your face skin and there are natural ways that you can follow to reduce your wrinkles.

I would recommend you to insert chemicals on your natural skin. If you want to solve a problem then you need to find out the source of that problem and reverse.
Would it actually reverse the problem permanently?

Latest posts

Back