www.salonsolutions4you.com

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from this site recently? I ordered from them on August 26th and while my account was charged, I never received anything from them. No product, no confirmation email, no email stating the item was shipping, nothing. I have emailed them three times, the last time I threatened to file a complaint with the BBB, and yet I have received no reply from them at all. They're located in Tampa, FL and I am wondering if maybe they were destroyed by the hurricanes? I don't remember FL having bad weather at the end of August though. Thanks! Kelly

At this point I would dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company. This sounds really bad since you received no feedback, whatsoever. Judging by the zip code, this business is in the North West part of Tampa and felt little impact by Charley on August 13th. Frances didn't even hit us until the 5th of September.

Originally Posted by rowantree Has anyone ordered from this site recently? I ordered from them on August 26th and while my account was charged, I never received anything from them. No product, no confirmation email, no email stating the item was shipping, nothing. I have emailed them three times, the last time I threatened to file a complaint with the BBB, and yet I have received no reply from them at all. They're located in Tampa, FL and I am wondering if maybe they were destroyed by the hurricanes? I don't remember FL having bad weather at the end of August though. Thanks! Kelly

Thanks for the info. The website is set up so that you pay through Paypal. I did file a complaint through Paypal and they have resolved it - the company has refunded the amount to my Paypal account. I definitely will not order from this company again!

I'm glad you got a refund.
smile.gif
BTW: What products did you order? I'm just being a nosy git. LOL!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by rowantree Thanks for the info. The website is set up so that you pay through Paypal. I did file a complaint through Paypal and they have resolved it - the company has refunded the amount to my Paypal account. I definitely will not order from this company again!

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I'm glad you got a refund.
smile.gif
BTW: What products did you order? I'm just being a nosy git. LOL!
biggrin.gif
Not at all! I ordered Alterna's hemp seed oil conditioner. Heard it was really good & thought I'd try it. They had the best price. Paypal sent me an email saying the company had refunded my money & they also included a note saying the item had been backordered. That's fine, but not to respond to 3 emails? I'm done with ordering expensive conditioners anyway. With the money that I would have spent on Alterna, I am buying Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo, conditioner & smoothing milk. The smoothing milk works really well & I like the Fructis shampoos & conditioners for shine. The Sleek & Shine is new, and if it works anything like their reg. stuff, I know I'll be happy. And I'll have more money in my wallet!
smile.gif

That company doesn't have a good leg to stand on.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My salon uses Alterna and most of what I've tried, I've liked. The only thing I have right now from Alterna is the Hemp Seed Spray Shine - smells like Hawaiian Punch and is very lightweight.

From the drugstore, I've had great success with John Freida products. Since I have brown hair, I've used his Brilliant Brunette line with repeat purchases. It's very moisturizing and gives excellent shine. Also, TreSemme conditioners work really well.
smile.gif
One bad experience came from Sally Beauty Supply's new line - Ion. Their moisturizing shampoo cleanses more thoroughly than a buildup-removing shampoo. It really dried my hair out. Now I use it to wash my makeup brushes!

Originally Posted by rowantree Not at all! I ordered Alterna's hemp seed oil conditioner. Heard it was really good & thought I'd try it. They had the best price. Paypal sent me an email saying the company had refunded my money & they also included a note saying the item had been backordered. That's fine, but not to respond to 3 emails? I'm done with ordering expensive conditioners anyway. With the money that I would have spent on Alterna, I am buying Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo, conditioner & smoothing milk. The smoothing milk works really well & I like the Fructis shampoos & conditioners for shine. The Sleek & Shine is new, and if it works anything like their reg. stuff, I know I'll be happy. And I'll have more money in my wallet!
smile.gif

I like John Freida's Brilliant Brunette Satin Shine cream. I wasn't impressed with the shampoo/conditioner though. I have brown hair that fades to reddish brown when it's past time to recolor & my gray roots show. I had forgotten about the Satin Shine cream, now you've made me think about getting the shine serum from the line. Hmm! Thanks for warning me about the Ion shampoo from Sally's. I bought L'Oreal's Natures Therapy shampoo & conditioner there, became a member & then discovered that the Natures Therapy did absolutely NOTHING for my hair.

Never tried that site... I've ordered products from www.just4hair.com - and I've never had a problem with them. They ship quick, their prices are good, and they sometimes carry products that are hard (or impossible) to find in local stores. They also carry things that are usually only sold to salons, so depending on what you're looking for, it might be worth a try.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back