Yeah, i'm a bit sad :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lia

Reaction score
I know this is a bit childish, seeing that so many people have much worse probems than i do right now, but i just wanted to rant a bit.

I'm sad right now because i won't be able to travel with my bf to his city at the end of the year, because plane tickets became too expensive to me or to my mom to pay for. I was so excited to go, i wanted to meet his family and also know the city, which is one of the most beautiful of brazil, and i wanted to go also because i'd finally have a fun/exciting new year's eve celebration ( i usually don't like them because they're boring and i just want to sleep).

And i had my 1st wisdom tooth pulled today and it's hurting a lot
10.gif
I wanna cry
scared.gif

I know it's a bit silly , but still, i really wanted to go.

UPDATE (on September 6th) - for those of you who don't have the habit of reading the entire thread:

Wednesday i was talking to mom about it , and she said: i have 4 tickets on the mileage program, you and your sister can go to Salvador (she won't let me travel alone with Bruno, i think), as long as Bruno's mom agrees to have you on her house!

36.gif

It's not childish at all by the way. Hope your pain gets better also.

I'm so sorry Lia, that must be difficult.
frown.gif

Would a family member loan you the money? Or maybe you could sell items on ebay or have a yard sale for some extra cash.

I hope your mouth feels better soon. Hugs.
smile.gif

How far is it? Sometimes it costs less to drive if 2 or more people are going together.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif How far is it? Sometimes it costs less to drive if 2 or more people are going together. The thing is, it's TOO distant
tongue.gif
The travel by plane is around 4 hours, and by car is 2-3 days of road. So, it isn't worthy, mostly because there's also the issue of our timeline being very restrict: from December 22nd to January 2nd (he HAS to be here at morning of 2nd because he has to work on the afternoon) for him and for me from december 26th to jan 2nd (because i want to spend christmas with my family).
I'm still thinking - maybe i could divide the payments of my trip; now a small pause so i can explain about that (i'm unsure if you have that on USA) - if you want to read, just click on the spoiler button

Here in Brazil, since a long time we have a type of payment called 'crediario' , where you split your payments of something onto smaller pieces, but without interest.

Like that - my plane ticket would cost 1.350 reais (which is 675 dollars, ouch) - depending on the company, i can split that payment to up to 10 months without interest (but i don't think they're offering that now) and i'll pay 135 reais each month.

We have that type of payment for practically EVERYTHING here, from clothes to TVs - and that's why a lot of poor people now have computers, tvs, dvds... It's a good thing if you can afford it, because you need to have a credit card in order to do that - the problem is when you can't pay your CC. A lot of big magazines offer their own CCs (that have less requirements than the bank ones) , so the person gets sometimes attached to that store.

Now, back to the topic

So, i'm still thinking - but it would be a lot of money. Okay, i'm gonna receive 380 reais each month until next year, but i was looking forward to save it so i could travel on the future to another place (i was thinking Buenos Aires - it's not expensive)... But then , if i stop and think, it's a good investment because going to Salvador is a nice trip as well

Anyways, today is a new day... And my tooth still hurts , but it' s a bit better. So i'm gonna put some sheeps so i can get happier

sheep.gif
sheep.gif
sheep.gif
sheep.gif
sheep.gif
sheep.gif

Lia, when there is a will to do it, there is always a way. I say don't cancel it out of your mind yet. I am familiar with the "paying in installments" that seem to be popular in Brazil. I admit, I was taken back that everytime the vendors offered that to me. I don't use that option, but I agree, it is kinda nice to have.

I believe you may be able to find a way. Perhaps, fly a part of the way over, and then take a night bus to complete the rest of the route, if that is an option.

aw that sucks, i would be bummed too. i hope things work out for you. just try and keep yourself busy with some fun things and you will be okay

Sending you (((((Hugs))))) Hope you recover soon from the tooth pain. Just trust that things will get better soon
smile.gif

UPDATE: like you said, there's always a solution
smile.gif

Yesterday i was talking to mom about it , and she said: i have 4 tickets on the mileage program, you and your sister can go to Salvador (she won't let me travel alone with Bruno, i think), as long as Bruno's mom agrees to have you on her house!

YAYYYY! I got so happy! It made me less gloomy because yesterday i failed my driving test :/ I cried the entire morning

Yeah - after going to class on the afternoon and a friend of mine joking of my test (we receive a sheet that says what we did wrong and there was a line saying - perform irregular/unnecessary movement with the car - and he said : wow, Lia did a tight drift curve (i don't know the exact name in english) , and started laughing, and so did i) i got a bit better humored (and on lunch bruno came here to make me feel better). The bad thing was the horrible headache

Yaaaaay Lia! Excellent! I hope this made you feel a little bit better. Now you get to see your Bruno!!!!

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif UPDATE: like you said, there's always a solution
smile.gif

Yesterday i was talking to mom about it , and she said: i have 4 tickets on the mileage program, you and your sister can go to Salvador (she won't let me travel alone with Bruno, i think), as long as Bruno's mom agrees to have you on her house!

YAYYYY! I got so happy! It made me less gloomy because yesterday i failed my driving test :/ I cried the entire morning

aww don´t be sad about the driving test. Honestly I should have failed because of all mistakes I made while driving, but luckily the instructor was having a good day and I passed lol. Go figure, I got 100% of the theory questions right but I SUCK at driving haha
Glad you get to visit Bruno´s family, meeting the folks is always exciting. I bet they´ll love you!!!

After Shawn and I stayed with his mom for a week (we didn´t tell her we´re engaged since she was meeting me for the first time) she texted him and wrote "Andrea is my future daugher in law"...I cried when I read it, and we told her we´re engaged. Sorry for being OT for a minute lol

Latest posts

Back