Yearbook Quotes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got the idea for this topic while viewing the senior pics thread...

What was your yearbook quote?

I wrote different things for my closest friends, more about our friendship, but for most everyone else next to my pic I would write exactly what my signature says: "Live, Love, Laugh!!!"

my school was SO stupid and we didn't get anything like that. at my last high school, though, where my bro and sis graduated, they had half a page to themselves (and seniors still do). i wish i had something like that.

I remember signing all my friends guestbooks with a quote that i saw years ago

"dont cry because its over, smile because it happened"

I think that's such a cute quote. I dont know who said it though!

When all the Year 11s left the last school I was at I wrote this on some of them:

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why it's called the present."

For the rest it was mostly just "Good luck". One of my teachers wrote "Keep yourself nice." in my homework diary, which I've always kind of liked.

I graduated 6 years ago and I already forgot what I wrote, lol. I don't think I really had a quote though, I just wrote something different for each person. (Not that many people asked me to sign their yearbook anyway, I wasn't that popular!) For that matter, I'd have to get out my yearbook (which is at my parents' house in another state right now) to remember what everyone else wrote! lol

I have much fonder memories from college than from high school though; I seldom reminisce about high school anyway! (And I do have all my college yearbooks and scrapbooks here with me!)

I can't remember what I wrote.
icon_redface.gif

I used the lyrics from a Trooper song..

"A very good friend of mine, told me somthing the other day, I hope to pass it on to you, cuz i believe what he said to be true. He said we're here for a good time, not a long time, so have a good time, the sun cant shine everyday"

Makes alot more sense if you know the song!!!

Thanks....we all use to put our bestfriends initials in too...to say hi

Originally Posted by Lealabell When all the Year 11s left the last school I was at I wrote this on some of them:
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift that's why it's called the present."

awww. i like that one!

What I wrote in all my friends books was:

Remember the tree

Remember the trunk

Remember the day

we all got drunk.

People who I didn't get along with I just wrote my name, or nothing at all.

I actually have my yearbook out - ironically!! lol (Someone from HS found me online, and I couldn't remember his name!!! lol) But I just wrote something personal and different in everyone's books... funny memories, etc. - Although I was looking at what people wrote me... hmmm... lets see... we have:

"Janelle,

All I have to say is Jack Daniels. You're amazing.

~Loper"

(Sadly he passed away about 2 years ago
frown.gif
)

and another:

"Janelle,

It's been a trip. All I can say is that I have never seen a woman take Jack

Daniels down like you did. Good Luck!

~Pete"

icon_redface.gif

OK OK OK !!! I'll explain!!! When I was younger... I never got drunk - AT ALL! Not even a buzz. I was the group freak show. I could "down Jack Daniels" in one chug... and not "make a face" or get buzzed or drunk. (it's different now for some reason! lol) But! They apparently only remember that part of our HS days... lol

Originally Posted by Charmaine LMAO!!! So tell us Janelle, how many people wrote about your Jack Daniels talent? Just them two... thank God! lmao
icon_eek.gif

Mine were:

"Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?" -George Moore

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one." -Simone de Beauvoir

I had feminist mentality going on back then!
icon_redface.gif

Ok, I graduated from high school about 20 years ago, so it's been awhile! Back in the day, I was pretty much a wild rocker chick (I went through a lot of phases). I included lyrics from Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in my Senior Quote:

"...Remember when you were young - you shone like the sun. Shine on you Crazy Diamond"...

"..And if you listen very hard, the tune will come to you at last. When all is one, and one is all. To be a Rock and not to Roll".....

mostly all students submitted a senior quote that was placed next to their picture. my quote was, "Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget."
redface.gif

Originally Posted by nypunkgrl511 mostly all students submitted a senior quote that was placed next to their picture. my quote was, "Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget."
redface.gif
That is a great quote!

Originally Posted by Marisol That is a great quote! thanks!!! well i cant take credit for it because i didnt write it.
icon_wink.gif
but yea i thought it was sweet. i cant remember who did write it though, it might have just been like one of those known quotes that was like listed as an anonymous author.

Latest posts

Back