You know Juno?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this movie tonight and I totally loved it. It is about a high school girl who gets pregnant and how she deals with it. It is quirky, witty and extremely funny. I recommend it to all. Anyone see it yet?

Link to the trailer

We are going to see it today. My bf and I are huge fans of Michael Cera (the lead actor)...Hopefully we do see it today..::fingers crossed::

OMG I LOVE MICHAEL CERA!! His voice makes me crazy. Haha!! I didn't know it was out, totally going to see it.

haha, I would love to see it.

smile.gif

I think its in limited release right now but on Christmas Day it will be on full release. I highly enjoyed it. Look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

Omg, this movie tried too damn hard to be cool.

I liked it overall but had many issues with the dialog and the praise behind it? Pfft.

Another "Quirky, unique" hipster film about a teen who knows it all and in the known who is also so uncool she is cool. Pfft and blah. Haha... I would've liked it a lot if it weren't for the dialog (how many teenagers actually talk like that? I don't know not even 1 who thinks like that let alone speak "cool") - but the plot was interesting. I know it's a film, but it bugged me that it all pretty much resolved "happily"...

I did like Michael Cera's character... everyone else got on my nerves one point or another.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Omg, this movie tried too damn hard to be cool.I liked it overall but had many issues with the dialog and the praise behind it? Pfft.

Another "Quirky, unique" hipster film about a teen who knows it all and in the known who is also so uncool she is cool. Pfft and blah. Haha... I would've liked it a lot if it weren't for the dialog (how many teenagers actually talk like that? I don't know not even 1 who thinks like that let alone speak "cool") - but the plot was interesting. I know it's a film, but it bugged me that it all pretty much resolved "happily"...

I did like Michael Cera's character... everyone else got on my nerves one point or another.

the dialog fits perfectly well with some teens in my area. Maybe the way they talk is not your (Californian) 'style'
I thought it was a cute movie though.

I've heard many different "styles" but not everyone follows a typical one, obviously.

Slangs is different than complete speech - I've heard of rad and what not they used in the film but... hipster lingo and media reference. Yawn & Pfft.

I guess I just don't get the praise of it... it reminds me of Knocked Up (lame) and other films who got hella praises when it isn't so special.

I really liked this movie too Marisol! I thought it was quirky and cute. I mainly went to see it because Michael Cera (he's so funny! I especially loved him on Arrested Development- he's perfect at playing the sweet awkward guy).

And Juno is adorable!

Latest posts

Back