Your Everyday Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking of changing my look a bit (i have finally started using blush after all these years!!) and now i am planning to change my eyeshadow color ( i am seriously a creature of habit).

i am trying to find something i can wear almost everyday, something that makes my eyse look wider and bigger. i like subtle eyeshadow i don't think i can do fantastically bright oranges or something like that. i currently use a dark brown from MAC.

any suggestions on an everyday eyeshadow color?

I love MAC Retrospeck as an everyday e/s. You gotta love shimmer to wear it though! Its a neutral beige colour with shimmer. I also love wearing either MAC Jest or MAC Naked Lunch. They're very similiar to one another but Jest is a peachy colour whereas Naked Lunch would be in the pink family. Those 3 e/s really make my eyes look wider & bigger.

So what blushes have you started to wear sugersoul?

Originally Posted by Laura I love MAC Retrospeck as an everyday e/s. You gotta love shimmer to wear it though! Its a neutral beige colour with shimmer. I also love wearing either MAC Jest or MAC Naked Lunch. They're very similiar to one another but Jest is a peachy colour whereas Naked Lunch would be in the pink family. Those 3 e/s really make my eyes look wider & bigger.
So what blushes have you started to wear sugersoul?

definately go check these out
smile.gif
!! thanks
smile.gif
right now i am using this neutral blush from stila. i remeber posting this thread , asking for reccomendations and such. and i thought since everyone raved about it, hey why not give it a try?
i like the consistancey of it, not too strong and lasts pretty long
smile.gif
first time buying blush and it was a success thanks to all of u guys
smile.gif

MAC:

-bagatelle

-shroom

-naked lunch

stila:

-casis

-kitten

I like white eyeshadows, they seem to make my small, deep set eyes pop a little more! However my favorite white shadow is discontinued so I can't recommend one to you. (I like cream shadows for when I want to wear white or pastels all over my lid -- powders usually don't have enough pigmentation to show up on my pale skin.) I just tried a pale pink cream shadow today and the color seems to work well for me also, now we'll just wait and see if this shadow is going to crease or not!
smile.gif

My other stand-by color is also browns, but I like them to be shimmery and with a hint of orange or bronze to contrast with my blue eyes and make them pop! I normally experiment with various combinations of Milani Spice (reddish-brown), Java Bean (dark brown) or L'Oreal Earthscapes Quad, and always with a dusting of Milani Sun Goddess on top for extra bronze shimmer! Much more fun than plain old dark brown, at least for my skin tone and eye color
wink.gif
Oh, and usually a white or light tan shadow to highlight the brows. If you want to stay in the brown family you might try some of those ... however I don't know if bronzes look as good with brown eyes!

I've also heard purples are good for brown eyes, lavenders tend to make them pop due to the contrast
wink.gif
Although your eyes already look so big in your avatar, you don't really need to make them look bigger! My eyes are tiny compared to yours!

So those are just my random thoughts, lol

oh boy--

i dont know what to tell you! I wear different colors every day! But i ALWAYS use either stilife or bare canvas paints.. even shimma too to prevent the unwanted creasing... Today, i have a wash of DECKCHAIR pigment from lid to brow, then BLUEBROWN piggie in the crease, with PROVENCE piggie on the brow bone..

basic colours today, yes.. but they blend so well. Go with colors your LIKE.. and see how they work for you.. I started with the basic neutrals..

Originally Posted by ben i adore patina and beaded (both mac) oooh.. yea.. i love those! and Arena too!

My everyday eyeshadows are Milani Sun Goddess and Jane Clubbing - depending on whether I want a natural eye or a smudgy black one.

Originally Posted by ben i adore patina and beaded (both mac) Patina is one of my staples!

Sorry I cannot fathom the idea of an everyday eyeshadow. I think all of my makeup would mold...lol
icon_redface.gif

Hello All! My staple has always been MAC Bronze, I am thinking of starting a quad full of Bronze just because I need it that badly!

Latest posts

Back