Your gloss looks like drool!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday at work a client came in wearing really glossy wet looking lipgloss that was either clear or a shade that matched her natural lip color perfectly. It was so wet looking and so glossy that it really looked like she had slobbered and drool all over herself. It was really gross! I just wanted to reach over and wipe it off her face. The rest of her makeup was very subtle and natural, so the hypershiny lipgloss didn't match the rest of her look. It is one thing to look like your lips are naturally moist, but this was just too much. Very wrong. Has anyone else seen this sort of thing? I know that MAC has a lot of high shine lip looks, but it works a whole lot better with red or a lip color that doesn't look like your natural lip shade.

yes, I've seen that before... they obviously didn't realize how much they put on or something. It was probably out of a squeeze tube like the ones from wet n wild and they obviously didn't realize how much they put on!

lol i actually seen this quite often. a lot of girls like to wear those super shiny lipgloss and i just don't understand why...maybe cos i'm a lipstick girl..but still...they overdid it.

I like shiny pink lipgloss. I can definitely tell if it's too much on the lips, or if it's simply hyper-shiny. There is the smoothness factor that gives it away, it gets to goopy if it's too much.

That's why I put a little on the pout of my lip when I'm using a color that matches my lips. It makes my lips look fuller without making them look like I drooled all over them

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like shiny pink lipgloss. I can definitely tell if it's too much on the lips, or if it's simply hyper-shiny. There is the smoothness factor that gives it away, it gets to goopy if it's too much. lmao @ goopy

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's why I put a little on the pout of my lip when I'm using a color that matches my lips. It makes my lips look fuller without making them look like I drooled all over them that's the same technique i use!

and it works lol

LoL - I don't think I've ever seen that before, but that's too funny!

I like more subtle glosses myself, though I have had fun with high shine stuff before. I think the color and texture is important to make sure a gloss looks nice.

lipgloss freaks!

this was super popular when the mac matte l/s went out and it was all about the gloss... yuck. i hate it and can't stand when i see girls with it on!!

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh yes. Two words......Bobby Trendy. Groooosssssss! ha ha ha ha ha!

i so agree.

Yeah, i've seen this before and indeed its pretty unattractive. Glosses are so concentrated thus you only need a dab.

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yesterday at work a client came in wearing really glossy wet looking lipgloss that was either clear or a shade that matched her natural lip color perfectly. It was so wet looking and so glossy that it really looked like she had slobbered and drool all over herself. It was really gross! I just wanted to reach over and wipe it off her face. The rest of her makeup was very subtle and natural, so the hypershiny lipgloss didn't match the rest of her look. It is one thing to look like your lips are naturally moist, but this was just too much. Very wrong. Has anyone else seen this sort of thing? I know that MAC has a lot of high shine lip looks, but it works a whole lot better with red or a lip color that doesn't look like your natural lip shade. sometimes i like shiny gloss, but it doesnt feel like it could drip off my lips.
it all depends on if im going over the top or natural, i obviously wouldnt wear it when im going natural.

but unfortunately, many younger girls over do the lip gloss with the wrong look and it makes them look like a drooling blind moron.

yeahhh but really it's up to her if she wants to wear layers of lipgloss. i tend not to judge people on their makeup application unless its truly hideous in which case maybe they don't even realize that they've applied too much, etc.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh yes. Two words......Bobby Trendy. Groooosssssss! Heeeeey......leave Bobby Trendy alone! LOL

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like shiny pink lipgloss. I can definitely tell if it's too much on the lips, or if it's simply hyper-shiny. There is the smoothness factor that gives it away, it gets to goopy if it's too much. I agree, just a dab will do!

i've seen that a lot! and the best part, they didnt realise and thinks they look super hot. you suhould have seen the way they strut.... ^^

Latest posts

Back