Your Top 5 Must Have Make Up BRUSHES

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm compiling a list of brushes that i want/need. What are your top 5 must haves?

95 YIKES.. I've a lot of catching up to if i ever wanted to have a stash like yours! Gonna add all 5 of those to my wishlist
biggrin.gif

1. bobbi brown face blender

2. mac 222

3. mac 239

4. mac 217

5. face secrets smudge brush

My top 5 would be:

[*]Stila #15 double ended e/s brush

[*]Stila #9 blender

[*]Stila #4 Precision liner brush

[*]Stila #21 blush/powder brush

[*]Stila #8 Powder brush

All Stila I know, but I do love them all. I think if I had more Trish McEvoy brushes they would have made it in there.

Originally Posted by Trisha Hey Lea, did you see my tiny haul thread? i got the big flatish topped face brush for £16 on ebay! Yeah, I've been hunting around on ebay a lot recently and found some really good bargains. Shame I haven't got the money to buy them though because I need to save up for London.

Ooo... good question! But like Trisha said, its tough to just pick 5
icon_wink.gif
!!!

1. MAC #190 Foundation Brush.

2. MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush.

3. MAC #212 Flat Definer.

4. MAC #263 Small Angle Brush.

5. MAC #213 Fluff Brush.

- L'oreal Concealor Brush

- Bobbi Brown Face Brush

- MAC #213

- Essence of Beauty Crease Brush Duo

- Flirt! Feather Dust-Her (aka skunk brush)

Japonesque large powder brush

MAC 224 (blender)

MAC 266 (liner)

MAC 239 (shader)

MAC 219 (smudge)

i dont have any! :-( , cant afford any yet so i just use the max faxctor ones with long wooden handles that i got off ebay! theyre ok i supose!

Originally Posted by redmonkey786 i dont have any! :-( , cant afford any yet so i just use the max faxctor ones with long wooden handles that i got off ebay! theyre ok i supose! if you guys have a target over there, try sonia kushuck(sp?) brushes. i heard girls like those. or art store brushes!

Well, most of my brushes are from the craft store.. the only 'Name brand" brush I have is the Stila #5 - and I luv it
smile.gif

My faves are:

MAC 239

MAC 217

MAC 219

MAC 187

Smashbox Foundation Brush

Can i be cheeky and add a 6th?!!

The NARS Smudge brush is also fab!

Originally Posted by Laura I'm compiling a list of brushes that i want/need. What are your top 5 must haves? Laura, what brushes have you already got?
It might be a good idea to post what you've got so that you we can help you figure out what you might need next.

I can't tell you a top 5 because I don't have many make up brushes yet,but I can't live without Stila #4,it's so versalite brush!!I apply smudge pot,stila's e/s wet as an eyeliner,apply to my lower lashes e/s for a light smokey look,I even use it to put mascara to my lower lashes!! And now I'm in search of my HG crease eye brush!!!

Originally Posted by Sophia And now I'm in search of my HG crease eye brush!!! I really like 1 end of the Stila #15 double ended eye brush. It's a bit like a little blender and is good for putting shadow in the crease and underneath the eye.

icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Lealabell,I'm thinking Stila's #7 too!

Originally Posted by Lealabell I really like 1 end of the Stila #15 double ended eye brush. It's a bit like a little blender and is good for putting shadow in the crease and underneath the eye.

1. NARS Bronzer Brush

2. Chanel #7 blush brush

3. MAC 168 contour brush (for highlighting)

4. MAC 187

5. MAC 252

and sorry, but HAVE to add this...

6. NARS Smudge Brush

Latest posts

Back