Youthful Essense

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These infomercials are gonna kill me...lol - Last night another one I was watching was one by Susan Lucci. It's a microdermabrasion kit which came with the resurfacing tool & batteries, 2 attachable sponge heads, the dermabrasion crystal cream, facial cleanser, facial toner & mist, spf 15 moisturizer, & a body sponge head - for $39.95. I've been using DERMANEW's microdermabrasion, and also Kim's epidermx, both are terrific, but I was just wondering about the formular in this kit and how it works on the skin - like is it as good as the stuff I've been using, or could it be better ?? Not for nothing, but Susan Lucci looks fantastic!
tongue.gif

Hi Karen,

I bet Kim's epidermx is better than the Youthful Essence. That commercial has always drawn me in as well. I bought the Neuragena microdermabrasion and it's the same exact thing as what they sell through that infomercial. It has the sponge heads and it has the battery operated tool, it actually broke my face out. Here is the link about microdermabrasions lots of useful information https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=10719

Hope that helps.

Jen

Originally Posted by K*O* These infomercials are gonna kill me...lol - Last night another one I was watching was one by Susan Lucci. It's a microdermabrasion kit which came with the resurfacing tool & batteries, 2 attachable sponge heads, the dermabrasion crystal cream, facial cleanser, facial toner & mist, spf 15 moisturizer, & a body sponge head - for $39.95. I've been using ANEW's microdermabrasion, and also Kim's epidermx, both are terrific, but I was just wondering about the formular in this kit and how it works on the skin - like is it as good as the stuff I've been using, or could it be better ?? Not for nothing, but Susan Lucci looks fantastic!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Hi Karen,
I bet Kim's epidermx is better than the Youthful Essence. That commercial has always drawn me in as well. I bought the Neuragena microdermabrasion and it's the same exact thing as what they sell through that infomercial. It has the sponge heads and it has the battery operated tool, it actually broke my face out. Here is the link about microdermabrasions lots of useful information https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=10719

Hope that helps.

Jen

Thanks Jen, it was interesting reading the forum threads, I think I'm gonna order the epidermx from Kim, that was really good. I just finished up the large sample she had sent me.

I just wanted to add on your microdermabrasion question. As many people from the forums know I love microdermabrasion and actually make my own.

So here's some simple advice on finding the best microdermabrasion:

- First all you need is the cream and your fingers, a facial brush is really unnecesary and you fingers can control the amount of pressure and speed much better.

- Also a good microdermabrasion cream shouldn't cost you any more than $25.

- For the ingredients the first thing every microdermabrasion cream MUST have is 100% Medical Grade Aluminum Oxide Crystals.

- The rest of the ingredients should be all natural ingredients like beneficial oils, essential oils, and extracts. The more natural the product is the better it is for your skin.

Here is a list of the ingredients I put in my microdermabrasion...when looking for a good microdermabrasion cream you can use this as a comparison. You will see there are no chemicals, it contains an all natural non comedogenic emulsifier and preservative and thats it.

Home Microdermabrasion System Ingredients: Ingredients: corundum aluminum oxide crystals(medical grade), aloe vera, grape seed oil, emulsifier, jojoba oil, stearic acid, hemp seed oil, essential oils of sandalwood, lavender, camphor, helichrysum, grapefruit, preservative.

Another thing to look out for is where the Aluminum Oxide crystals are located in the ingredients, many main stream companies who manufacture there products reduce the amount of actual crystals in order to save money and instead add more water and/or chemical fillers.

Good luck in your search I think you will come to love microdermabrasion as I definitly do..and Susan not only probably has botox but she also has a proffessional make-up artist and good lighting so don't let that fool you =) Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by K*O* These infomercials are gonna kill me...lol - Last night another one I was watching was one by Susan Lucci. It's a microdermabrasion kit which came with the resurfacing tool & batteries, 2 attachable sponge heads, the dermabrasion crystal cream, facial cleanser, facial toner & mist, spf 15 moisturizer, & a body sponge head - for $39.95. I've been using DERMANEW's microdermabrasion, and also Kim's epidermx, both are terrific, but I was just wondering about the formular in this kit and how it works on the skin - like is it as good as the stuff I've been using, or could it be better ?? Not for nothing, but Susan Lucci looks fantastic!
tongue.gif

Sondra,

The ingredients that you mentioned that you use, are those the ingredients that are in Essentialskin? I would like to try essentialskin, but as another poster indicated, the ingredients are not identified.

Thanks,

Jen

Originally Posted by essentialskin I just wanted to add on your microdermabrasion question. As many people from the forums know I love microdermabrasion and actually make my own.

- First all you need is the cream and your fingers, a facial brush is really unnecesary and you fingers can control the amount of pressure and speed much better.

- For the ingredients the first thing every microdermabrasion cream MUST have is 100% Medical Grade Aluminum Oxide Crystals.

- The rest of the ingredients should be all natural ingredients like beneficial oils, essential oils, and extracts. The more natural the product is the better it is for your skin.

Here is a list of the ingredients I put in my microdermabrasion...when looking for a good microdermabrasion cream you can use this as a comparison. You will see there are no chemicals, it contains an all natural non comedogenic emulsifier and preservative and thats it.

Home Microdermabrasion System Ingredients: Ingredients: corundum aluminum oxide crystals(medical grade), aloe vera, grape seed oil, emulsifier, jojoba oil, stearic acid, hemp seed oil, essential oils of sandalwood, lavender, camphor, helichrysum, grapefruit, preservative.

Another thing to look out for is where the Aluminum Oxide crystals are located in the ingredients, many main stream companies who manufacture there products reduce the amount of actual crystals in order to save money and instead add more water and/or chemical fillers.

Good luck in your search I think you will come to love microdermabrasion as I definitly do..and Susan not only probably has botox but she also has a proffessional make-up artist and good lighting so don't let that fool you =) Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Yes those are the Essential Skincare Ingredients. All the ingredients are listed on the website right underneath each product description. I guess I'll have to make the listed ingredients in a larger font so they are more visible.

I also just recently opened an ebay store and all the ingredients are listed there as well under each product picture. Sorry for the confusion, I will definitly fix that. Right now I'm revamping all the product designs, ect, giving it a fresh crisp look so I haven't re-touched the website, but making the ingredients more clear underneath the descriptions will be my first priority.

If you have any questions at all, as always please don't hesitate to contact me.=)

Originally Posted by suziqq322 Sondra,
The ingredients that you mentioned that you use, are those the ingredients that are in Essentialskin? I would like to try essentialskin, but as another poster indicated, the ingredients are not identified.

Thanks,

Jen

Hello!

Recently, within the past week I have started to use your Essential Skincare products, and I am a bit concerned. It seems that I have been breaking out more, and my face totally stings when I put on the pimple cream with 3% salicyc/glycolic acids... I don't know what else I should do. I use the soap 2x daily, then the toner, then the acne spot treatment, and a once a week microdermabrasion. It has only been a week, but I feel like I have more pimples now than before!! What would you recommend?

Many thanks!

Michaela
smile.gif

QUOTE=essentialskin]I just wanted to add on your microdermabrasion question. As many people from the forums know I love microdermabrasion and actually make my own.

Hi Kaylagirl, welcome to MuT

I'm not a skincare professional, but I do know with any new product you use on your face, sometimes your pimples get worse before they get better. Or, maybe you are allergic to the product. Those are my suggestions, however, like I said, I am not a professional. Maybe you should start out using a little less on your skin, or try using it every other day.

Again, welcome to MuT, your gonna love it here!!!

Jen

Originally Posted by kaylagirl Hello!Recently, within the past week I have started to use your Essential Skincare products, and I am a bit concerned. It seems that I have been breaking out more, and my face totally stings when I put on the pimple cream with 3% salicyc/glycolic acids... I don't know what else I should do. I use the soap 2x daily, then the toner, then the acne spot treatment, and a once a week microdermabrasion. It has only been a week, but I feel like I have more pimples now than before!! What would you recommend?

Many thanks!

Michaela
smile.gif

QUOTE=essentialskin]I just wanted to add on your microdermabrasion question. As many people from the forums know I love microdermabrasion and actually make my own.

Hey Kayla sorry for the delay in messaging.

It is not abnormal at all to have some new breakouts, it's often a combination of acne underneath the surface coming to the surface as well as your skin adjusting to a new product/treatment.

With the microdermabrasion, make sure to only use it once a week, so your skin has time to heal after the treatment. You definitly don't want to over due it.

Also with the glycolic acid/salicylic acid treatment, yes it will most likely have a slight sting if you're not used to glycolic acid, it's perfectly normal. Try reducing the amount of time you use it to right before you go to bed, until your skin becomes more used to glycolic acid. Also this treatment is strong, so only place it on visible acne breakouts, avoid putting the treatment on non acne skin areas. You also only need a very small amount on the tip of a q-tip.

Another thing to do, and this is all dependant on your skin type. Is to use the facial soap, and wait about 10 minutes and see how your skin is, if it's fine and not getting oily, than you can skip the toner and just use it at night time, on days you wear make-up after taking the make up off and washing your face to ensure your face is clean, and on especially hot days when you tend to perspire and produce more oil. See how your skin is reacting just from the soap and the use the toner when you need an extra cleansing or are having an oily day.

Stick with the routine for at least 2 months as it takes about this long for your skin to start to clear up and to get used to the new products. I also first began to breakout in the beggining because I had so much visible acne and acne underneath the surface so it took a while for my skin to finally return to normal.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me.

Originally Posted by kaylagirl Hello!Recently, within the past week I have started to use your Essential Skincare products, and I am a bit concerned. It seems that I have been breaking out more, and my face totally stings when I put on the pimple cream with 3% salicyc/glycolic acids... I don't know what else I should do. I use the soap 2x daily, then the toner, then the acne spot treatment, and a once a week microdermabrasion. It has only been a week, but I feel like I have more pimples now than before!! What would you recommend?

Many thanks!

Michaela
smile.gif

Do any of you know anything about the L'Oreal ReFinish micro-dermabrasion product? This is what I have been using. I like the results I've seen and felt on my face. So smooth. But I am concerned about what the heck I am putting on my face. I will check out Kim and Sondras links to see your products.

Karrieann, you know the ol' sayin' "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke"....It may be apros pos for this particular post. If it works for ya it may be the best product for you.

Jen

Originally Posted by karrieann Do any of you know anything about the L'Oreal ReFinish micro-dermabrasion product? This is what I have been using. I like the results I've seen and felt on my face. So smooth. But I am concerned about what the heck I am putting on my face. I will check out Kim and Sondras links to see your products.

Wow such great info. I'm using La prairie microdermabrasion right now cause I have lots of samples still.

Right now I am only using from Essential skincare line the 24 Hour Hair Restoration and I looooove it. The delivery was very fast and also my hair and my daughter's hair has gotten longer so fast in the last 2 weeks. And looks healthy too. Thank you. :icon_love

I'm not too sure because most of their products don't list all the ingredients online, but if you have the product and want to post the ingredients we can give you an idea=)

Originally Posted by karrieann Do any of you know anything about the L'Oreal ReFinish micro-dermabrasion product? This is what I have been using. I like the results I've seen and felt on my face. So smooth. But I am concerned about what the heck I am putting on my face. I will check out Kim and Sondras links to see your products. And thats so great Nulifer I'm glad they are working well for you=)

I have been really tempted to buy the Youthful Essence. Only because Susan Lucci and all her costars on AMC look so good. I think Susan looks normal, not surgically altered at all. But Botox...I hadn't considered that. Maybe she has had some "help" from Botox. And of course, most of her costars are young 20-somethings.

I think I'll just stick with the L'oreal product or Neutrogena. I've tried samples of both of them and I liked them. Oh, I forgot, I have some Avon Anew Clinical Microexfoliant on order. I have high hopes for it.

I Love and use Kim's Epidemix with my youthful essence MD toold and i get a fantastic result! I would rather have an exceptional product especially for at home MD. Kim your product's are marvelous!!!

Originally Posted by lilla Wow such great info. I'm using La prairie microdermabrasion right now cause I have lots of samples still.
Right now I am only using from Essential skincare line the 24 Hour Hair Restoration and I looooove it. The delivery was very fast and also my hair and my daughter's hair has gotten longer so fast in the last 2 weeks. And looks healthy too. Thank you. :icon_love

Hey Lilla, is that your eye on your avaitor? It looks fab and the makeup's great
smile.gif
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

icon_smile.gif
Yes, it is. Thank you.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Pauline Hey Lilla, is that your eye on your avaitor? It looks fab and the makeup's great
smile.gif
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

thinking about buying youthful essence, should I? I am skeptical but excited about getting the results they show on tv???? Can anyone help??

Latest posts

Back