YUCK!.....More SNOW

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there anyone else who is sick of WINTER?! We have gotten about 8 inches today and it is still snowing and will continue thru the night. To top it off we are supposed to be getting a noreaster Friday and Saturday. I am sooooooooo ready for spring. Auggg
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Is there anyone else who is sick of WINTER?! We have gotten about 8 inches today and it is still snowing and will continue thru the night. To top it off we are supposed to be getting a noreaster Friday and Saturday. I am sooooooooo ready for spring. Auggg
icon_cry.gif
Yup! Then you must live near me! LOL We were supposed to get a "passing of snow with little to no accumulation" YEAH RIGHT!!!
icon_eek.gif

Ohhh where do you live?
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969

Is there anyone else who is sick of WINTER?! We have gotten about 8 inches today and it is still snowing and will continue thru the night. To top it off we are supposed to be getting a noreaster Friday and Saturday. I am sooooooooo ready for spring. Auggg
icon_cry.gif

i HATE snow and this wind is DRIVING ME CRAZY. i hear it out my window and for some reason, it angers me. there's SO much. we also have no heat because the lady on my floor (there's 2 apts. on each floor in a 4-apt. building) controls the heat of the building and she never adjusts it to the temp. outside, so i'm FREEZING and i feel dumb knocking on her door. UGH.

another bad thing is is that all other schools will be closed in my county, but ours remain open. the superintendant swears it's because we're "just 20 mins. outside NYC where we get a warm front in..." BLAH BLAH BLAH. it's dangerous and FREEZING and we have 4 SNOW DAYS AND WE HAVEN'T USED 1 UP!

sorry for the rant, but i hate my district.

Sorry about that... I never see snow. Altho it's miserable, it must be nice to see seasons change.
icon_biggrin.gif
(Well, you like it for a few days and then wish it would go away! LOL)

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Is there anyone else who is sick of WINTER?! We have gotten about 8 inches today and it is still snowing and will continue thru the night. To top it off we are supposed to be getting a noreaster Friday and Saturday. I am sooooooooo ready for spring. Auggg
icon_cry.gif

The weathermen have been soooooooooo wrong lately! I can't stand it anymore. School was dismissed early today, I went and picked up my daughter and when I was returning home I couldn't make it back up my road. I live on a road with a severe hill with a sharp turn in it. I had to back down and pray that nobody else was going to come from either direction. Thank god nobody did. I made it up on my second attempt. My friend left work at 3:30 and it took her over 3 hours to get home, it's about an 1/2 hour ride usually. I want it to go away
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Taxachusettes!

My bosses finally let us out about 3pm... when it was already about 4" on the ground...
eek.gif
Usually takes me 15 min. took me about 45 min. to an hour... the Expressway wasn't any better than the side roads... and I hear ya about the wind... it's crazy! This afternoon there were total white-outs that you couldn't see anything!
icon_eek.gif

Ditto on the white outs and the wind and cold. Jennifer you really need to do something about your heat! We thankfully have a wood burning stove and it usually gets too hot.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 My bosses finally let us out about 3pm... when it was already about 4" on the ground...
eek.gif
Usually takes me 15 min. took me about 45 min. to an hour... the Expressway wasn't any better than the side roads... and I hear ya about the wind... it's crazy! This afternoon there were total white-outs that you couldn't see anything!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Ditto on the white outs and the wind and cold. Jennifer you really need to do something about your heat! We thankfully have a wood burning stove and it usually gets too hot. Yeah really Jen! I'd ask for a seperate thermostat or something!! Thats crazy! One person shouldn't have the say for the entire building!

oh, definitely, but actually, after that post i made, the heat came on. maybe she (the one who controls the heat) belongs to this board!
icon_frown.gif

wink.gif

Maybe, if so she got the message LOL! Glad you will be warm for the night.
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer oh, definitely, but actually, after that post i made, the heat came on. maybe she (the one who controls the heat) belongs to this board!
icon_frown.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 Maybe, if so she got the message LOL! Glad you will be warm for the night.
icon_lol.gif
THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE FOR GIVING JEN HER HEAT BACK!!!! Lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE FOR GIVING JEN HER HEAT BACK!!!! Lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LMAO yes, thank you! except, it's not heating my room up. i need to sleep with gloves on tonight - again!

Originally Posted by Jennifer LMAO yes, thank you! except, it's not heating my room up. i need to sleep with gloves on tonight - again! OMG! GLoves!?!?! Are you serious!?!?!

thanks, mac!

nyangel, that's nothing. i've slept with my coat on, 2 pairs of pants, and a hat when we were blizzarding not too long ago and we didn't have heat on. the next morning, it was so cold, i could see my breath - and i was still in bed!

Latest posts

Back