ZOMG! I'm getting PRK eye surgery!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
you guys may not know that a year ago I got tested to see if I was a candidate for lasik eye surgery, and I was realllllly disappointed because the shape of my eyes made it impossible.

Well I went back again yesterday, and they offered me an alternative type of surgery!!! so YAY! on the 11/10/07 I'm getting my eyes lasered! no more glasses or contact lenses!

anyone who's work glasses as a kid will understand how I feel, it really affected how attractive I felt, and how guys saw me. Even as an adult I met guys with my contact lenses in and when they saw me again with my glasses they'd barely even talk to me.

Then, there is also the convenience thing, feeling vulnerable swimming in the sea or in pools without my glasses or alternatively, having to be careful to make sure that my lenses didn't get washed out..

This is just a massive deal to me and I'm SO excited. I know it's going to be painful and its going to take a week for me to recover, so I might not be able to post during that time if I cant see very well
frown.gif
I'll miss you guys a lot!

but omg I am stoked and a half
biggrin.gif

Congrats pinksugar! I've always been curious about this type of surgery because I eventually would like to have it done. Please let us know how it works out for you.
smile.gif

Good luck with your surgery! I had eye surgery in July to correct the shape of my cornea but unfortunately I'll still have to wear glasses or contacts. I'm happy that you won't have to.
smile.gif

Awwww, Im glad you get to have the procedure done at the end. I wish you goodluck and safe surgery.

thanks everyone! I promise I'll post all about it when it's done.. and if I go blind then my bf is going to be spending a lot of time on MUT reading stuff out and typing what I'm replying, LOL

This is so super exciting!! I would love to get my eyes fixed, I totally get where you're coming from
frown.gif

oh my gosh that is so great for you Rosie ! what exciting news !! i'm really happy for you ! i'd get some surgery too but i have to wait until my myopia stabilizes
frown.gif

the good thing is one of my fyrinnae e/s matches exactly the color of my glasses
rofl.gif

Omg Rosie, that is sooo exciting! Good luck with it and I hope everything goes well!! I'm excited for you!

ooh i so want to do this Rosie, but ooh am I a big chicken.

I am so blind without my contacts/glasses, that it sounds SOOOO appealing, but me so chicken.

Congrats!! Im gonna see if I am a candidate I know I wasn't several yrs ago

Yay congrats that's great!

Question: are you awake when they do it? I can just imagine lasers and scalpels in your eyes lol scary!

yay! Congrats!!!

I had lasik done many years ago - I used to wear glasses since I was like 9, my field of vision was literally a foot from my face, and everything beyond that was a blur. I felt like a kid in the candy store when I was finally able to see things in detail without my glasses, LOL!

Latest posts

Back