Blush On question!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey ladies!

The only trouble i get while doing my own makeup is putting blush on properly. I do not ever think of contouring but just giving blush on to my cheeks is my mission. 

Today i need to know what Blush i must choose for my skin? and which color? and how i must choose according to my color tone?

Apparently according to E.L.F, you should chose the colour of the inside of your lower lips. I haven't really tried that techique yet so I don't know if it works.

I wear whatever looks good with my eyeshadow. I have yellow undertones, and lean towards warm blushes.

Wear a color that matches your undertone. The best advice i found useful for me is to pinch my cheek, and get the color that matches that one. I use MAC's Dollymix blush, which is a bright pink blush, and i have pink undertones.

To apply the blush, either use a round fluffy brush (a kabuki can work too), or a slanted brush. You need to barely see the color on the brush. Then for a youthful glow, you can apply it to the apples of your cheeks, the little bumps when you smile. I find that doesn't work too well with my face, so i like to apply it like a wave (think Nike logo), going up to the temple.

If you applied too much, blend with your powder brush and a bit of powder, it will cut down the intensity.

Pick a powder blush, that's the easiest to work with i think.

I've heard and think its true that pink looks good on everybody. Apply to the apples of your cheeks with  a big fluffy brush and sweep upwards. Seems to work for me. But the tip about the inside of your lip color sounds like a good one too

hmm the color of inside of lips seem interesting, i will try that as well. Thanks guys for all of your replies.
smile.gif

I read in a lot of places to pinch your cheek and your skin will show your natural flush and to choose that shade. If you could tell me what skintone you are or send me a pic I could tell you a good choice of a specific blush if you're interested.

Smile when you put it on. You should be able to see exactly where to put it. Dab onto apples of cheeks and sweep and blend up and back towards your hair.

A soft pink really is universal and will give you a glow. I always like using a berry shade to add warmth to my face and its more like a real blush.

Whether you pick a lighter or darker shade make sure you blend it in and blend away all rough edges. And remember the pores on cheeks are usually the biggest so anything with glitter or a lot of shine will accent that.

Back