Effect of face mask

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The glowing effect of a face mask dosent last that long(hardly an hour)..who else experiences the same thing?..my skin looks and behaves better before applying a face mask because soon after that i feel it gets oily and disturbed(after an hour or so)..dont know why..i used a clay mask last time..and it happens with every face mask i use..

I'm not quite sure what you are saying... Are you saying that your face looks better before a mask and the mask just messes up your face or that the effect of the mask doesn't last long enough for you?

both of the things you mentioned..like my skin seems to feel better before using a face mask though right after that it does glow up but just after a while the glowing effect is gone and it gets little oily and sort of disturbed..as for my skin type its almost normal-combination..

Maybe the masks you are using are too drying for you and your face now goes to overdrive in making more oil.  My face always feels nice after a mask and it doesn't last too long either.  I usually apply moisturizer after I rinse off.  It evens it all out.  Maybe you should mix a little bit of avocado oil or some sweet almond oil to the clay mask to make it more moisturiizing.

I agree ! I also always moisturize after my mask. The effect doesn't last long too, but a clay mask, in my opinion, is purifying so at some point, just by being in contact with the air, your face will get dirty and clogged again, it's a cycle.

you can also try switching for a less aggressive clay, white clay is more gentle than green for example. I seem to have some success with yellow and moroccan clays soi prefer these over green nowadays.

I use avocado and honey mask and it looks refreshing and smooth. I make it myself.  Yes it has only short time effect.

Back