Real or artificial Christmas tree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its always been fake but this year Im getting a real tree.  Im in an apartment now and I just dont have storage space.

Real! I just can't deal with fake trees.. you need that authentic smell, and yes, those authentic needles! Come on folks, that's what a Dustbuster is for!
lol.gif

Artificial, my mom always got an artificial tree and I loved it. I don't like the idea of killing a tree for authenticity, I really don't care. On top of that who wants to deal with that mess?

I'm all about the real ones.  I think I will go artificial when we move into a house.  I can't imagine my bf helping me load the tree onto the car and then set it up.  That would be a lot of work all by myself.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Artificial, my mom always got an artificial tree and I loved it. I don't like the idea of killing a tree for authenticity, I really don't care. On top of that who wants to deal with that mess?

I always loved how my family got real trees though - we'd go to a spot up the mountain where the Lions Club (charitable organization for local and global communities) had a tree farm set up - you could get hot dogs and hot chocolate by donation, money from your tree also went to charity, and they re-planted so there were always trees growing back in the place of ones cut. You got to watch them cut it down for you right there! It's always a really fun experience to go up with my dad and pick one out, and we like knowing the money is going to a good cause. More fun than hauling a tree out of the basement or picking one up from the Home Hardware parking lot!
lol.gif

Real!  They smell so good. They shed unfortunately, but every fake tree i've had i've lost one important piece to so i have to buy a new one nearly every year. .

Real trees... every year.   We get the $20 ones from Ikea, it comes with a $20 coupon to use with $75 purchase so, in a sense, its FREE!!! and they plant another tree in its place.  I grew up with artificial trees...some so artificial, they weren't even try to make them look like real ones.  We had a white one and a silver one. 

Definitely a real one in the house!!
smile.gif

Christmas just doesn't feel the same to us without picking out a tree every year.

Fake one in the store though.. it's impossible to keep up with the needles in a retail boutique..

growing up we always had the biggest real tree ever!!

but now that i live on my own. don't want any mess.. plus thinking about it, i feel like there'll be little bugs in the trees lol.

i just have a small artificial white one that i put pink ornaments on
smile.gif

We've always had real trees at home. Makes the house smell wonderful. I think we had an artificial tree when I was 10 or 11(guess my mom was sick of sweeping up needles lol), but everyone hated it.

We've started buying the real tree since we moved in to a bigger place with a extra bedroom. I love the smell!

But I have to constantly check the water so that's a extra chore you dont need to worry about with a artificial one. (If you forget to water then the tree might catch a fire because it's too dry!)

I'm a person that doesn't mind the parking lot. On the contrary I find something kinda disgusting about all the trees that are put to the the curb for garbage come January.

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always loved how my family got real trees though - we'd go to a spot up the mountain where the Lions Club (charitable organization for local and global communities) had a tree farm set up - you could get hot dogs and hot chocolate by donation, money from your tree also went to charity, and they re-planted so there were always trees growing back in the place of ones cut. You got to watch them cut it down for you right there! It's always a really fun experience to go up with my dad and pick one out, and we like knowing the money is going to a good cause. More fun than hauling a tree out of the basement or picking one up from the Home Hardware parking lot!
lol.gif

Back