How Do You Decorate Your Tree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have specific colour schemes?  Do you have heirloom ornaments?  Do you make ornaments like popcorn strings and snow flakes every year?  Do you just buy whatever you want and add to it every year?  How do you like to decorate your tree?

Hmmm I wouldn't say mine is country, but sort of in that area. Maybe folk artsy? I like more old timey ornaments, homemade ornaments, etc.

I have a ton of little wooden ornaments that I was trying to get rid of last year.  My kids kept taking them all out of the 'throw away' pile so I decided just to keep them.  I didn't put them up tho last year.  I had a purple and lime green colour scheme last year.

We have purchased 2 or 3 artifical trees in the 8 years we have been together.

The first we decorated with Hot pepper lights and I can't rememebr the ornaments, the lights stand out more, lol.

It was a great tree I wish I had pics!
smile.gif
Hehe

Our other trees were as follows, the second one was blue and white lights, with Winnie The Pooh Ornaments and decorations.
smile.gif

My Tree, lol.

The third tree we had, had traditional christmas lights, coloured ones, and tradiational coloured ornaments and small trains and such.

No Tinsel due to pets
frown.gif

But plenty of candy canes.

Ooh! I love the first one! I will have to do that one year!

I remember as a child we put every ornament, ball, fake snow, fake icicles, and lights you could think of. Surprise it never fell, but for the past 10 years we've kept it simple with just balls and lights.

Lol, heirloom ornaments is such a nice way of putting it !

Yes, all the ornaments are probably as old as i am. We have all sorts of ornaments, shiny red, gold, green balls, tinsels (one is electric, the others not), we have a few characters too like a snowman, my mother's Santa. We also have a few polystyrene balls we decorated with special paint and bits of fabrics, back when my mother used to do patchwork. My parents also have a small crib as they're from a catholic family. The only problem is all the characters are already glued inside, including the little baby Jesus
sdrop.gif

The tree can look a bit weird though, we tend to place more ornaments on the top, or at least the least favorite down, so that we're not too mad at the cat if she breaks the shiny toy
tocktock.gif

We have a 4 foot tall fake tree which I love :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I grew up with artificial trees and just love the feeling of tradition of bring it up from storage and putting it together with those you love.

The tree we have now has white lights in it already and we have silver trim and generic balls.  Just the two of us at the apartment so it's a nice, simple, cozy little tree :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We decorated ours in gold, green and red. I think you can't do more Christmas-y ! Even my cat likes to sit under it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well before i got married i always had a real tree, with multicolored lights and a blue, silver, white and rainbow theme. I had blue, silver and white ornaments. Than i bought a lot of clear ornaments that give kind of a rainbow apperance when the lights shine on them, and i had a icy blue tree skirt with silver glitter.

Now that i'm married we still have the same tree, still a real tree and have all the old ornaments and themes, but now we are making what we call a memory tree, where each year we are going to add some special things to the tree and blend out the old blue, white silver theme over the years. This year we started our memory tree with two special ornaments one from our honeymoon that has the location, the fact that it was out honeymoon and the date on it, and we have a key ornament thats dated and has our first home written on it.

I'll take photos of the tree and post it in a few days.

Back