How to start Makeup Blog and YouTube tutorials

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've been watching numerous makeup tutorials on YouTube and have decided that I would like to start some of my own and maybe a beauty blog as well. Recently, I've really fallen in love with makeup and I think a blog/tutorial would be a very fun way of expressing myself. Just wondering if any of you seasoned pros out there have any tips for which blog to use or how to make interesting videos people will actually watch.

Thanks!

Emily

Hi there,I too read a lot of beauty blogs and watch a fair bit of youtube vids. I have a blog myself too. First of all, I believe you should start off with a blog by posting your favourite make up brands and explain why. Maybe create an everyday look that you normally would do and post it up or how you would create smokey eyes. Post it up on your blog and then start a video. A good blog site would be www.blogspot.com or blogger. Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for your reply, you gave some good advice and hit right on what I wanted my first few posts to be. I took a look at your blog and read some really interesting articles, terrible that it's so difficult for you to get UD in Australia =p. I have finals in less than a week but I will definitely start blogging after that!

Well, I think it's important to post a lot of pictures! 

When I follow blogs, it's mostly because they post good pictures of looks, or products or something.  I like to SEE what they're talking about!  I try to make posts about stuff I like to see/hear about when I'm reading other blogs!  In addition to that, I have a lot of people reading my blog from other countries that don't speak English, but pictures are a universal language!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Haha!

I also have a blog on blogspot!  I do believe my link is in my signature!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck!

smile.gif

Hi there. Thought of starting a blog. Was kinda lost. Not sure if i could really allocate time for it. Went through your blog. Lovely pinkie background, simple and informative. Luv it. Thanks a lot!

I started my own youtube series and basically I just started watching other makeup how-tos and series' to get the idea for mine. Good luck!

I have read useful tips on start makeup, Applying Foundation, Applying Mascara, Applying Lipstick, Applying Nail Polish, Curl Your Eye Lashes, Eye Makeup Tips and Lip Care,  Hair Care, Hand Care, Nail Care, foot care and i like to spread these  useful tips to others, as i am a beautician and i want to improve my work day by day. 

Hi girls!

I saw many girls wanting to start their own makeup blog but not sure where to start. May be too of a techy process for some. So we thought about it a little and tried to make life easier for girls like that. It is basically a place where anyone can just register and start posting about makeup.

Link deleted per Terms of Service.

I really hope that all girls who want to start a beauty blog will make it one day, because speading beauty is so great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey everyone The other day I filmed my school make up routine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

The thumbnail sucks! but any advices that you guys have let me knowww:)

I agree with what others have said but I have some of my own too.

• Post lots of good pictures: Maybe even read up on some tricks on how to do a good job or borrow someone's camera if you don't have a good enough one.
  • Write what you know best. If your skills aren't that good a tutorial doesn't make sense, but if you use many types of mascara, write about that. Or if you're fantastic at hair styling. You should have something to offer if you're going to get other people to be interested.
  • Use blogger/blogspot. I started my blog using wordpress because it has a lot of technical back-end stuff I like but the community is WAY more active with blogger. I love the way my site turned out but I wish wordpress had the kind of community building that blogger has.
I hope that helps give you a start :)

Back