Is mega pigmented blush a good thing?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
everyone's raves about HE blush seems to be that they are super pigmented.. but i kinda think that a more sheer powder will be alot more flattering? Im asking this because im going to invest in some good quality makeup.. and i think im going to stick with my usual drugstore blush if my theory is correct :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> any opinions? (first post hehe) x

I prefer more pigmented blushes. If you have a sheer blush and build up color, then it can sometimes look powdery. If you have a really pigmented blush, you can apply it very lightly and don't need nearly the amount of product for the same effect.

I prefer pigmented as well, you have a better control over the pplication because you can choose to use a very small amount, or more.

Also i've noticed with my less pigmented blush you can't really build up the color, or you will look a bit chalky.

sometimes real pigmented blushes are hard for me to work with personally.  I always put too much. lol  My most pigmented one isnt even HE its Physicians Formula baked blush.

I prefer mega pigmented blush, because I'm dark skinned and I could get to my desired intensity with less product. I think if you master the light handed application, then they aren't scary at all.

Sheer blushes are nice too, but so much more work, imo.

Of the blushes I own... I just use less of the highly pigmented ones to get the same look as I would a lesser pigmented ones...

I think for those just starting out with blusher then a light pigmentation is usually better as is more forgiving with mistakes! I have a NYX blush which is definitely more pigmented than others I've tried but not that easy to blend. I prefer cream blushers as you can generally build up colour without looking obvious and they usually have a more natural glow to them as well.

I prefer blushes with less pigmentation.  It can get out of hand so quick with a highly pigmented blush then I have to spend time trying to get it off me.

I own both Bite of an Apple and Nars Exhibit A. One is crazy coral and one is stop sign red. And I use both on a regular basis. I will probably never put a dent in either though, because I apply both very controlled and lightly, and I buff out if need be. Don't miss out on awesome shades because you are scared of the swatch! Find a good brush that only takes what little you need, and don't overdo it.

I like both! It's somehow satisfying to load on blush yet still look natural, MAC sheertone for example. I also have some NARS and Bobbi Brown blushes which are highly pigmented and I use them for a "pop" of colour.

exactly. i LOVE my highly pigmented blush. i can easily use a light hand with a soft brush. just lightly tap the brush into the blush and i get what i want. the blush will last forever! 

i prefer hella pigmented blush, just use a light hand. ILLUMASQUA cosmetics are amazingggggg for theyre pigments :]

Back