Same thing happens every evening..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about me, - me not getting in bed in time. 

Night after night I am sitting there, with my cup of tea, movie, a friend or internett. Never in bed before 01.30 local time...

Which is a pain in the ass because I have to get up early (06.30). Do not tell me I am the only one...

You're not, lol. Some nights I don't get to bed until 4 or 5, and I have an 8am class every day!

I am usually up late doing school work and then getting up for work the next day. I try to get to bed at least 6 hours before I have to get up because I turn into Little Miss Cranky Pants if I have any less than 4.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I am talking about me, - me not getting in bed in time. 

Night after night I am sitting there, with my cup of tea, movie, a friend or internett. Never in bed before 01.30 local time...

Which is a pain in the ass because I have to get up early (06.30). Do not tell me I am the only one...
What kind of tea are you drinking?  Tea has more caffeine than coffee when you first steep it.  If you steep your tea bag for 30sec, dump that out and add more hot water to your cup before using that same tea bag, you will substantially reduce the amount of caffeine in that tea you are drinking at night. Better yet, switch to warm milk.

Your body also gets used to a certain routine before going to bed including the time you need to sleep.  When I'm on vacation, I will sleep at 3 or 4am and it is sooo hard to get back to a reasonable time.  Perhaps you are going to bed late on purpose on the weekend so its really hard to get to sleep early on the work days.  I need at least 8hrs sleep to function properly.  It usually takes til wednesday or thursday for me to fall asleep at a reasonable time to get that 8-9 hrs sleep.

Try some Gravol.  You can use it as a non-habit forming sleep aide. 

Oh my, I have the same problem, though it doesn't stop just at night! If I don't HAVE to wake up, I will sleep til 11am. No joke. I absolutely hate it! I'm groggy all day, but I can't bring myself to wake up earlier cause I always feel SO tired! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by shayy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my, I have the same problem, though it doesn't stop just at night! If I don't HAVE to wake up, I will sleep til 11am. No joke. I absolutely hate it! I'm groggy all day, but I can't bring myself to wake up earlier cause I always feel SO tired! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bahahaha that's me. I've been known to sleep until 1 though. Lol, I just can't get up. I will roll over and be like "Ok, Elise, you really need to wake up now.." Then the next thing I know I'm asleep again.

I try to go to bed at midnight, especially those days i have to wake up early. I've been known to go to bed at 1:30. I like to do this to work, i'm more effective at night, before i can be disturbed by my family who always has something very important and urgent to tell me.

I've also read a study that said babies fix their sleep pattern just a few months after being born, and the weather has an influence on when you're going to sleep. Basically, if you're born in spring, like me, your sleep pattern is fixed on summer, when you tend to go to bed later in the night.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I try to go to bed at midnight, especially those days i have to wake up early. I've been known to go to bed at 1:30. I like to do this to work, i'm more effective at night, before i can be disturbed by my family who always has something very important and urgent to tell me.

I've also read a study that said babies fix their sleep pattern just a few months after being born, and the weather has an influence on when you're going to sleep. Basically, if you're born in spring, like me, your sleep pattern is fixed on summer, when you tend to go to bed later in the night.
I think part is true that you get used to a sleep pattern but sleep patterns can be re-trained.  You just need to gradually go to bed earlier and earlier by 15 min or 30min every night thru the course of a week.  Your body will get used to it.  The problem would be is when you are off work, you'll instinctively return to that old sleep time. 

In my early 20's I used to work nights for about 3 years.  I worked from 3:30pm to 1:00am sometimes 3am.  We'd go hang out somewhere til 9am and go home and sleep.  I'd wake up at 1pm and start all over again.  I switched from nights to a 5day 8:30am-4:40pm job.  Its obvious that my sleep pattern changed or I'd be dead now ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back