Do you donate your old stuff?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mom and dad have been on vacation since mid- December, and they just got back today. Before they left I gave my mom some old clothes, but still in very nice condition for her to donate to some cousins that live in a very small village. I asked her if these teenage cousins liked them , and she said that she saw one cousin wear my clothes to a party, so that made me feel so good about myself. 

Over the holidays me and my sister were also clearing a downstairs room that is filled with a ton of old clothes. We filled up to large cardboard boxes with teen clothes, shoes, bags, belts, even some evening gowns. We took that stuff to the Goodwill and I'm sure someone will like some of that stuff.

Do you like to donate? Where do you donate and what do you usually give?

I did donate over the holiday season

$20 in the red can

and a pair of snow boots for a needy child :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gives me warm fuzzies to help kids out

Yep. Old stuff that I don't have anyone to give to gets donated to Goodwill or St. Vincent.

Yep, I donate my old clothing and handbags to my sisters or cousins or goodwill/salvation army.

I donate old clothes, shoes, etc. to a non-profit organization I worked for. They have a resale shop, so most of it ends up there.

That's awesome I have that warm and fuzzy feeling all over. I love to donate stuff, especially when it goes to family members in need.

Yep. Always. I never like to throw anything away if I think someone else could use it or would want/need it. I don't mean I give out junk lol, but things that are in good condition-books, clothes, toys, appliances, things I have double of, etc. If I think someone can use it, I'll donate it. Usually we give to Goodwill or the Salvation Army or a local shelter...

Growing up my family always did the passing around with clothes and other items.  Donating baby items to new mom's in the family, giving older kids clothes to the younger kids.  There was just so many of us!

Now I always donate to the goodwill.  I tend to go through my closet a couple times a year and if I don't wear it, I donate it.

Every laundry day, we look to see what we still want and what we don't want to see again.  All that are in good condition go in white kitchen catchers and when they are full, we drop them off in the blue box for various charities.  There are blue boxes located in different areas of the city, usually at a store parking lot. 

Me too, the Salvation Army has an office right down my alley.

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now I always donate to the goodwill.  I tend to go through my closet a couple times a year and if I don't wear it, I donate it.

I donate clothes, shoes, winter mitts, toques etc to Salvation Army, homeless shelters, shelters for abused women.

I pass things along whenever I can whether it be to an individual/family or an organization/charity.  I LOVE Freecycle and Goodwill for that mostly! 

For individuals I just try to listen/pay attention to what people around me are going through and pass things along.

I don't know if purple heart is a local charity, but I go through clothes like candy, so they get a lot of summer clothing especially from me! I donate all clothes and materials I don't use. 

Whenever I buy new clothes I clean up my closet and donate my old clothes, shoes and stuff I don't want anymore but is in good condition. I give it to the church where I go and they give it to homeless people.

Yes, since I have four children who are still growing I donate their clothes to goodwill or Salvation Army.  It is super easy to donate clothes here as almost every shopping mall has drop off boxes in their parking lots.  Very convenient. 

Back