No period and negative pregnancy test

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok ladies I have a question...Im 8 days late on my period and Ive takn 2 at home tests and they were both negative. My bf and I have not tried having sex to see if that'll just start it due to him being sick. So Im coming on here to see if this has happened to neone else and if so what did the results turn out to be. I have the cramps like I should be starting my period soon but nothing ever happens and so I dont know what to do. I do need to make my appt for my annual but I havent yet.

I am like clockwork, but even so I get the rare longer than usual period. I would wait a week and test again if your period hasn't started.

Sometimes you get irregularities, i wouldn't worry too much but just in case don't hesitate to ask for your doc's opinion.

The at home tests are pretty reliable.  I just went through the same thing.  I went exactly 60 days without my period.   I even went to the doctor.  I was told that if your getting a negative from one of them, your in the clear.  Sometimes your body just gets a little crazy.

Stress, illness, age, all have a way of interfering with your cycle.  I'm seldom regular. 

Ok still nothing. Weve done it 2x now to see if thatll help start it but nothing and Ive taken yet another test that came back negative!!! Idk wth is goin! Ill try again in the morn and if nothing then it looks like Im making an appt tmw for my gyno. Ugh this is frustrating to me if I am pregnant I'll be happy but if im not then why no period???

I don't understand how you say you and your boyfriend had sex to try start it. Do you mean start your period? Having sex wouldn't do that...

Usually if you take an at home pregnancy test and it says negative, you should try one again two weeks after.  Many times you may be too early into the pregnancy to be given a confirmative result.  So I advise that you space out taking the tests.  But as someone said earlier, they are pretty good and are at most times very accurate.

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't understand how you say you and your boyfriend had sex to try start it. Do you mean start your period? Having sex wouldn't do that...

Actually it can. Hes done it plenty of times bf when I was late bf I had my daughter.

Sex won't start a period, however, as divadoll mentioned, stress can delay it.  Possibly for you, sex relieves stress, thereby starting your period, but it's not the sex itself that will "jump start" it.  (Spotting/bleeding can happen from sex as well, but it's not the same as menstrual bleeding.)

As far as at-home tests go, it tests to see if you've got certain hormone levels in your body.  If the test is wrong, there's a higher chance of it being a false positive (it incorrectly thought you had reached the "pregnant" level of hormones) than a false negative (it didn't notice the high levels of hormones in your body).

The more you stress, the more you might delay it.

Are you on birth control/have you changed it recently?  I know that there was one pill that caused me to stop menstruating.  (By the 3rd month, I stopped the BC to see if my period would come back, and it took another 4 weeks before I got my period again.  I went to the doc's to get an "official" pregnancy test done by then.  They said I wasn't pregnant, but I switched BC's to something else that day, lol.)

Ok for those who dnt knw my body yes when i was ever late bf i had my daughter my bf n i would have sex and yes it would jump start it. Im not the only person that that has happened to. So no more comment on that. As for the pregnancy tests I've never had a false positive, they've all been negative. If i dnt start by this fri im gonna get a blood test done to check to see what's goin on. Im not that stressed either. No im not on bc. Haven't been on bc for almost 3 years.

Ok jus letttn ya knw that i jus got it so yea. Im sad and happy cuz we jus dnt have the room right til we get our own place which i hope is soon....

Back