Are you where you thought you would be today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not.  I thought I would be married with at least two kids by now.  I'm 26 and I'm not married, no kids and don't even have an SO.  My goals have completely changed.  I am now not keen on having any kids at all or getting married anytime soon.  In terms of education, I am where I thought I would be and even further.  I'm actually taking a rest from hard studies (except for Spanish) due to many factors including high cost, lack of dedication as a result of other things going on in my life, and well....I just don't feel to right now.  I would have liked to be better off financially, but that is a work in progress.

No I am not at all where I thought I would be, but I am very happy either way. I have a niece on the way, i have found my soulmate and I am engaged after 7 years together, 8 this summer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nope, I'm supposed to be graduating university this year but I am not. I'm kind of disappointed, especially since 2 of my friends are already working full-time and one of them is graduating this year. I feel like I'm missing out on a lot due to having to put school first but I guess it'll pay off in the long run for me.

In some ways I am, in some ways I'm not, but I don't have any regrets. I didn't think I'd be graduating university a year early, that's exciting, I also didn't think I'd be married, but both are so awesome! I used to think I'd go to law school, but I decided instead to become a history professor. So a lot changed, but I'm still going to college, still getting a career, and I fulfilled my dream of leaving New York :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nope, haha. DUI, barely going to school, but with a job. Not to bad I'd say, and I'm definitely shaping up.

Yes and No.

I'm 18. I don't drive, I'm graduating soon (I don't think i ever believed that would happen) I'm homeschooled. I have a boyfriend, a real first serious boyfriend- and i never imaged myself finding one of those.

I thought I´d be working in my future profession already, but since I´m moving to another country that will be delayed due to having to take exams etc.

I didn´t think I´d get married at 25 though, no freaking way. I never saw myself getting married before my very late 20s/early 30s or so, so it still feels weird to me sometimes. But of course Im glad that Mr. Right did show unexpectedly, I couldn´t be happier with my husband.

No kids yet, but that was never the plan before my early 30s anyway-and I´m soooo sticking to that one!

Considering I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader when I was little and I'm an insurance agent hmmm... I'd say no. But where I am in life is so much better than anything I planned. I am married to the greatest guy on earth. I have two sons who I am so close to. I don't have wealth or my dream house or a sporty convertible and I wouldn't trade any part of my happy little life for any of that. :0)

I've had my life planned out to the age of 35 since I was 10, lol. So far, so good I guess. I'm exactly where I expected to be in terms of school, and I have someone I'm pretty sure I can stand for quite a while. :] I know I will definitely not have a kid when I'm 25, though. I don't know why 10-year-old-me thought that was a good idea.

Nope - but that's just job-wise, mind you.  Other than not having a career I love, everything else worked out fairly well, I'm happy to say.  And as for the job, hey, at least I'm employed and making fairly okay money.  If it's not the job I wanted, at least I have that paycheck coming in!

Not really, i made a big switch in high school when i changed my major from science to economics and everything started to unfold from that point. I don't see it as bad i would say, at least now i know where i'm getting with my life, which i didn't when i was much younger and conceiving my future life.

The only thing i've stick to is no very serious relationship (unless Mr Right just appears), and no kids before i'm done with uni and am completely independent. It's still a work in progress but i'll get there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well I'm quite much where I expected to be at my age, I'm 18 (turning 19 in a month ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and I'm just having my Abitur (I'm graduating from high school). I had my first test today, maths, it was better than I thought ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I'm very happy right now = )

I have a boyfriend who's half a year older than me and already starting his second term of studies right now, *envy* >_> but I will start to study soon as well-nya nya!

Nope, I was supposed to be "Aunty Reese," the attorney right now, but instead I'm settled, and at home, taking care of a toddler. I guess I got older and priorities changed. Life's interesting that way for some, isn't it!

Nope.

Not getting into it tho... its a very long story.

No regrets tho.  After all, I just heard on the news that at the awesome age of 41 a woman tried out to be a professional cheerleader and she made the team!  She is the oldest professional football cheerleader out there (they are now going to make a movie about this which is why its on the radio).

So, Im happy to know that as we get older our opportunities dont change, we do, all we have to now is get out there and try it all out!!

And, I plan to do just that - TRY IT ALL OUT!

Nope!  I thought I'd be done with college, onto a career.

I have been blessed in other ways.  Even though my professional life isn't what I'd like it to be I still have a stable job, great friends, and a wonderful boyfriend. 

I will say I am not where I want to be at this point. I thought after i finished college i will have this big corporate position, maybe married with no kids. Well it didnt happen like that. I have a wonderful 3 year old son who i wouldnt trade for the world. I am working on my second degree because i am a a job just to have a job and i am not married.

Back