Is it true that a lot of girls hate skinny jeans on guys?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I personally love skinny jeans on men.  I find them extremely sexy but I can tell you, my family and friends disagree with me most times.

I'm so sick of looking at young men with their jeans hanging down so low that I can see their underwear.

As long as skinny jeans stay up where they belong, they are just fine with me.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so sick of looking at young men with their jeans hanging down so low that I can see their underwear.

As long as skinny jeans stay up where they belong, they are just fine with me.

dito.gif

I agree that a lot of girls don't really like them, but depending on the guy and the rest of his outfit, it can look really good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't like teenage boys in skinny jeans who are trying to be "emo"

The really skinny teenagers are a big no no!  But men like Adam Levine....yummers!  He and the rest of Maroon 5 performed in Trinidad late last year and he wore the tightest of jeans....looked FAB!!!!

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The really skinny teenagers are a big no no!  But men like Adam Levine....yummers! 
I totally agree! Adam Levine looks fabulous in the skinny jeans. As long as it fits you and you look good, skinny jeans are fine but you have to be pretty lean to look good in them though.

Originally Posted by vivianromen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it true that a lot of girls hate skinny jeans on guys?? I don't know in America but in Korea, it seems that a lot of girls hate skinny jeans on guys, especially this Skinny Jeans.

and I want to know what your opinions are, especially from girls.
In my opinion it totally depends on the man. I definitely think that skinny jeans might look silly on some guys. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  No offense intended toward anyone in particular. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, there are some men who definitely suit the look a lot! For example, last month I saw Finntroll perform live in Toronto and their lead singer, Vreth, (Mathias Lillmans) was wearing a pair of very skinny jeans. (Actually, they were a very unique and interesting style and had a built-in panel or something on the front to make them look almost like a kilt..I can't describe it very well, and I'm not sure if I can find pictures.)

Vreth is probably the perfect example of a man who suits skinny jeans. However, I will admit that he is super skinny, and also really hot. And the fact that he has a huge amount of stage presence and charisma probably helps him pull off the look too!

However, my point is that I don't necessarily hate skinny jeans on men. If the guy looks a lot like Vreth, he can probably pull it off pretty well. A lot of other guys probably can't. That's my two cents.

I don't mind skinny jeans on very slim-built/slender/narrow men. It's not a question of how thin or lean the guys legs are - there are plenty of guys who have beer bellies or look downright pregnant, but have skinny legs. They definately should not be wearing skinny jeans. At the same token, I am generally not attracted to slender men to begin with. So, if a slender guy is wearing skinnies - I'm likely not to be physically attracted to him off the bat, but that's more to do with body-type, rather than the clothes they've chosen to wear.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans on just about anyone.  I've seen them on all shapes and sizes of people and I just don't think they are very figure flattering on most, even skinny girls.  They accentuate everything you don't want to bring attention to.  That's just my opinion.

I like skinny jeans on men that have edgy rocker identities. If it's a part of their appeal/swagger, then it looks good. Like a guy that is a glam rocker and decides to rock the skinny jean look. (An example is someone like Adam Lambert) I do find that attractive. I don't think that they are attractive on the vast majority of men though, especially men that are too skinny or too fat. It starts to look incredibly creepy seeing a Pete Wentz look-a-like after Ben & Jerrys walking around wearing skinny jeans.

I dont think the jeans in that picture are necessarily skinny. I would favor those over the really skinny jeans I see some guys wearing. Overall, I dont like them on guys.

The jeans in the picture I wouldn't consider "skinny jeans". Men wearing those jeans in the picture wouldn't bother me.

Tight, form fitting skinny jeans on men, in my opinion, doesn't look good.

But I suppose as long as their pants FIT them, it's better than them around their knees like I see constantly.

That's really the only thing that bothers me about the way men dress, is when their jeans are all the way down at their knees and you see their underwear and butt.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My delicious little caramel boyfriend wears skinny jeans with stylish outfits and looks quite sexy.

It depends on the context of the outfit and who is wearing them.

But no, I dont hate skinny jeans by any means! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do not find skinny jeans on men attractive. And I agree with a previous poster that the jeans in that picture are not skinny :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back