Looking for a foundation with a WIDE range of ethnic shades

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
earthen glow minerals was wonderful...sadly they're now defunct. Anyone know of any other makeup lines with a comparable range of shades?

The ones that I know of that have a wide range of shades are MAC, Black Opal and IMAN.  Those are the three I can confirm cater to alot more ethnic tones than others I have tried.

My friend Valerie owns Valana Minerals. Most of her line is for darker skin tones. She has a website. I got to see her line in action in Houston a few months ago! She had a demo at Whole Foods, so I put on a Valana T shirt and did makeovers all day, it was a blast!

I tried EG minerals too. I'm happy with Pur Minerals because it's good and I could just go to ULTA or Dillard's and get it.

I apologize to say that I was a formulator for EG minerals. They do not reveal all that they put in their products. They use Talc and Bismuth Oxychloride in all their foundations, blushes, and eye shadows to give it a creamy feel yet they dont give this information to their customers. If you ask them they will say no. When I became aware of this I left the company. Their facial creams and soaps also contain many chemical making them not natural

My niece has had trouble finding a shade that blends with her skin tone. She ended up having to combine two loose mineral foundations to get her perfect shade.

I was just thumbing thru my Avon catalog and saw that all of their foundations have deep shades. It's worth a quick look at their website. I've also seen a line of cosmetics at walmart that appears to cater to women with deeper skin tones, but I just cant recall the name at the moment.

I really enjoy it every time I visit this site.I have a wide range of shades are MAC, Black Opal and IMAN. These are superb. She ended up having to combine two loose mineral foundations to get her perfect shade.

Back