Your favorite lesser-known makeup brands

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious as to some of the brands you like that might not be that well-known to many people. Please also include a web link and details about where to find them if you can!

I would say La Femme for blushes and Graftobian for foundation.  You can get them at www.makeupmania.com 

witch-slap Cosmetics, Xplicit Cosmetics, Hotwax Cosmetics, just to name a few. Also, my own that I am currently working on (Afshar Beauty). I am in the process of branding/testing the products.

I'm really liking witch-Slap Cosmetics!  Their Psychedelic eyeshadows make me want to burst out of my neutral bubble!  And the nails?  AWESOME!!!!!!!  I'll be placing an order soon 
biggrin.gif

I'm actually a big fan of YBF Cosmetics (stands for Your Best Friend). I think they're on HSN once in awhile but not many people are familiar with the line. http://ybfstacey.com they have an a-may-zing eyebrow pencil and neutralizing powder.

100% Pure Cosmetics is one of my favorites. They are known, yet unknown, if that makes any sense.

I recently ran across Signature Minerals while perusing the web for free samples: http://www.signatureminerals.com/free-samples.html

This company offers a nice way to sample their products by allowing you to choose 6 shades of foundation, blush, or shadow at the cost of shipping and handling.

You can also get "unlimited samples" at $2.50/ea.

I haven't tried them yet, but they make it tempting...

Well, my all time HG of powder foundations is EMANI Minerals' "Flex Pressed Foundation"!!! And they seem to be a lesser known company. (Shocking to me tho that it hasn't caught on more- their powder is absolutely incredible! I am going to write a review on this stuff in the very near future!!!)

And, I am also obsessed with just about the entire product line of MALLY BEAUTY!

I love Lise Watier I have an amazing quad eyeshadow in purples!! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Organic Wear is amazing just as good if not better than high end department store stuff my pores are happy!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Arbonne Cosmetics. I'm an Arbonne Consultant to I have access to them all the time. They aren't sold in stores, you can only order them through a consultant. They are available to order online, you just need a login code.

I LOVE their primer. I've tried dozens of other primers. I've used MAC's I've used Makeup For Ever's and a bunch of others, but none of them had the same effect. Arbonne's primer is silky smooth. It feels like you haven't even put anything on. Other brands I've tried feel water-y, or they seem to bring out redness on my face.

I also love their eyeshadows. They don't have a huge selection color wise as their products are all natural so unless you find an electric blue colored plant somewhere in the world, chances are, they won't have that color. But as far as the basics go, brilliant.

They also have a lash enhancer that is similar to Latisse but without the weird side effects.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think although Lumene and Manhattan are the commonest brands in Northern Europe they are not well known in the US.

I absolutely LOVE Lumene's eye makeup remover. I get it at CVS. They often have BOGO 1/2 price at my local CVS, and I stock up on them when I can. I find it is way better than Neutragena's or any store brand. 

Back