QOTD March 30, 2011: What Time Do You Get Up In The Morning?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What time do you usually wake up in the morning?  Do you sleep in when you get the chance or do you wake up early every morning?

Me?  I struggle to get up every morning no matter how early I sleep.  I have to get out of bed by 7:15am to get ready for work but I usually push it to 7:20 or so.  On the week end or on holiday, I comfortably wake up at 9:30 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  How about you?

Ok, here's my frustrating story.  Every weekday I have to wake up between 6-6:30 depending on if that's the morning I have to wash my hair as I only wash every other day.  Most mornings I can get up no problem, but there are lots of mornings that I just wish I could sleep and sleep. However, every weekend morning I am awake by 7 or 7:30 and I can't get back to sleep!  I want to sleep in so badly but my body is conditioned I suppose to being awake at that time.  Very frustrating!

I struggle everyday... I would sleep in until 10AM if I could.

On good days I wake up at 6:30AM, on so-so days I wake up at 7AM.  On bad day's I push it to 7:10AM and then all hell brakes loose, because I have to be out of the house by 7:45 if anyone is going to be on time.

So, ideally, I should wake up at 6AM to have ample time to get dressed, apply perfect makeup, eat breakfast in a normal sit-down manner and causally warm up the car and leave on time.  BUT THAT NEVER HAPPENS. LOL!

I'm always up before 6, no matter how late I go to bed some how I get up before 6

My mom says it's because I'm nosey

For some reason I can't naturally get up later than 7am.  Most times I get up before that and just laze in bed.  If I go out.....well...that could go up to 3pm the next day! 

I start work at 6:00am 5 days a week so I wake up around 4:45am and 5:15am depending on how many times I press the snooze button. It sucks cause there are days when it's still totally dark outside and I'm already on my way.

On my days off I sleep until 9 or 9:30 am.

6 am on work days and 7 am on weekends....  I never get to bed before mid-night...

Well I don't go to work untill 5pm, and I often work pretty late or go do something after work keeping me up late.  I try to get up by 10am, but sometimes if I'm up extra late or drinking the night before I'll sleep a little later.  I'm such a night owl, and I sleep so much better in the morning than I do at night so it's hard for me to get up early.

Originally Posted by TMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, here's my frustrating story.  Every weekday I have to wake up between 6-6:30 depending on if that's the morning I have to wash my hair as I only wash every other day.  Most mornings I can get up no problem, but there are lots of mornings that I just wish I could sleep and sleep. However, every weekend morning I am awake by 7 or 7:30 and I can't get back to sleep!  I want to sleep in so badly but my body is conditioned I suppose to being awake at that time.  Very frustrating!

Wash your hair at night. It's what i do sometimes when i know i will want to sleep those extra 30 minutes.

To be honest, i'm struggling to get up frequently. I'm a night owl, i could stay up until 3AM with no problem. But i have to go to bed earlier so that i can get up between 6 and 7:30. During weekends to compensate the lack of sleep i will laze in bed until 9:30.

I usually wake up 5am (darn that internal alarm clock) everyday but I get out of bed between 5:15- 5:30am.  Then I wake the kids up ...there is a method to my madness... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will wake up once at 3 am for 15 minutes and i try to stay awake because I know that next is 6 am and Ill be awake for hrs and just when I think I wont fall back to sleep, I do. And then it hits 9am and after that I am up and cant sleep, even exhausted or sick until about 1am that night (or the next day). Idk y its this way, i think it is just habit from spending a lot of time with newborns. i do it naturally, those first 2 wake ups and I am not really awake but just kind of scoping the area i think. checking on my kids, waking up just incase they need me or get up early. And then I stay awake until I am sure they are back to sleep at night. But my kids are 4 and 2 (almost 3) so this should change by now. I used to just be up at 8 everyday, back in high school when I did sports and stuff.

I should wake up at 7ambut most of the time im pushing it by waking up at 7:40 hahaha. i normally put out what im going to wear out night, so that when i wake i up its there ready for me.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

weekends depending if i went out at night, cause some nights i will only get to bed at 6am from the night before haha, so i would wake up 5pm maybe, maybe if i didnt go out i would wake up at like 9ish

Back