Important Steps to Take Care of Your Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I use cliniques 3 step  and 2 scrubs (7 day and mint scrub) but I don't peel is this enough or should I start peeling?

I like the toner most but I heard from a guy at a kiosk trying to sell me over 100 bucks worth of facial cleansers that alcohol in toners actually causes acne and clogged pores.

This is because after you strip the oil off your face your body wants to make more.... is this true or bs I wonder??

Amber - from what iv read Alcohol is drying so if you dont mouisterise then yes your skin will produce more oil to regain balance

My must out of all this is Sunscreen and moisterizer.  I will admit I barely tone my skin.  That hardly ever happens as I don't believe I need it.

@amber, I believe this to be true.  Whenever I put toner on my skin or other things like facials, my face becomes extra oily for maybe a day or so.  That's because as mentioned before, all the oils have been stripped from the skin and as a result, more oil is being produced to make up for what has been lost.  I have a friend who is a wedding photographer and he always advise brides to not get facials a few days before the wedding as their face will be more oily than usual.

Thanks for the information Salon.

I have been using www.essenceofargan.com for my skin.  It is a deep moisturizer, loaded with vitamin E, and omegas 3, 6 and 9 which our bodies do not produce naturally.  It has worked wonders for my entire body and has reduced fine lines and wrinkles.  Oh ya -- you can use it on your hair too!  This stuff is truly fantastic.

Best,
Kelly

Hmm thanks for the infpo ladies, I haven't noticed my skin being oilier I'll have to pay more attention!! I like the sounds of that argon oil kokiri will have to check out that website!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There are toners in the market without alcohol.  You'll have to do some research, but I believe toning is an important step in your cleansing ritual.

Lately, I've had to reduce my product regimine due to a serious outburst of acne.  Im down to three products (cleanser, a clarifier, and moisturizer).  In between days I've been trying the oilcleansingmethod for deep cleaning (two attempts).  I'll have to give you a review once I get a few more cleansing routines in.

The only "toner" i use is floral water, i keep rotating between rose, chamomile and witchazel. I do that in the winter before my moisturizer to help with the dehydrated issue i get during the cold months. I also do that to freshen up during the day, or in the morning to help me wake up.

To answer Amber's question, you don't need to add peeling to your routine, exfoliating is already a mechanical peeling. It is more than enough when you don't have particular problems. All you have to do is find out which scrub you like best, with beads, or no beads (Yonka makes one that is fantastic but smells like dishsoap). Chemical peelings the way i understand it do the same job but on deeper layers of your skin, which is why they can help when you want to "erase" scars.

I don't think toners are necessary if you use a proper cleanser but no harm in using them if they work for you.  I would definitely avoid toners with alcohol.  Its a drying/irritating ingredient for most skin types.

Not so sure about the weekly peeling, I guess it depends on exactly what is meant by peeling.

Moisturizing does not prevent wrinkles.  It can however make wrinkles/fine lines look less visible.

Also add SS to the list.  SS actually does prevent wrinkles.

oh i stopped using toners, way too much alcohol for my skin i get a burning sensation every time i use it and it burns  my skin a lot. so i just cleanse.. double cleanse if i'm wearing liquid foundation. moisturise eye cream and sunscreen in the morning. I'd exfoliate, scrub or use a mask once a wk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use tretinoin every night it make my pores very tight and the skin very smooth it simply dries out my skin a bit cause it peels out the skin  so I use a toner of vitamin e and a ..plus an italian mouisturizing  cream  cera di cupra I believe is the name , during the day just la roche posay tinted sunscreen.

For me...it's not just the products but....i must get lots of beauty sleep, regular exercise, water, and trying my best to cut out sugar!

Why am I still awake? lol

The only "toner" i use is floral water, i keep rotating between rose, chamomile and witchazel. I do that in the winter before my moisturizer to help with the dehydrated issue i get during the cold months. I also do that to freshen up during the day, or in the morning to help me wake up.
This. I use Avene Thermal Water to tone, and generally find it to be enough. I do like the Extra Gentle Toner for Dry to Very Dry Skin from the line, but it's 98% thermal water, whereas the Thermal Water sprays are 100% thermal water. I didn't notice any dramatic change when I stopped using it. I'm quite fond of the Clarins Energizing Booster on days I've worn foundation and want that extra fresh feeling, but TBH, I do not find toner makes a dramatic difference in my skin. As for the peeling business & water-based cleansers: I really think this is YMMV. I don't use oil cleansers all the time, but I have yet to find a water-based one that's better or as good for heavy-duty makeup removal (long-wearing or full-coverage foundations.)

I like this water too, although my preference goes to Uriage because it contains more ions.

You should wash your face twice a day with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Then gently massage your face with circular motion. This will decrease oil and bacteria for your skin.

skin care coupons

My daily regimen for my skin includes cleansing, toning and moisturizing. I am using hypoallergenic products because I have a very sensitive skin. And before I forget I apply sunscreen. Exposure in UV rays is very dangerous because it can cause hyper pigmentation, wrinkles and other skin problems and even skin cancer. We should love and take care of our skin always! 

Back