Are you high maintenance?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I don't think I am, but most of my friends believe I am.  I won't say I'm high maintenance however I do spend alot on beauty stuff.  When my hair was relaxed I would spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on hair treatments and products and stuff like that.  I buy tonnes of makeup (even though most of them are cheap stuff) and well I'm not getting into nails and proper skin care.  I do not shop for clothes and shoes, those two things come on a need only basis, so I have no problem on that end. In general I think I am fairly in the middle, however my guy friends get scared for my future SO as they believe that this person will now have to pick up my expenses (I joke all the time and tell them I'm fed up spending my own money on things like these.)  However, even when I had relationships going, I bought these things myself....they would usually see the items after the fact....what about you?

icon_queen.gif
  Yes, I am high maintenance and proud of it.  I do; however, spend my own money and take care of my own needs.  So, I am my own royal highness!!

claps.gif

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_queen.gif
  Yes, I am high maintenance and proud of it.  I do; however, spend my own money and take care of my own needs.  So, I am my own royal highness!!

LMAO Luv it dream!! I think I've gotten worse since I met my beau....... Now I take long hot bathes and shop like a crazy woman because I want to look good when I am with him, just us or out and about! Since we live in the country I've gotten this mentality that I have to stock up or else it's a three hour drive to get what you need from the city!

I think I am converting him finally he said to me yesterday he needed sandals where should he go as I bought mine in the fall last year, 5 bucks for leather one's and a dollar for fake coach one's lol!! 

I saw a what not to wear show last night where the girl had 287 articles of etire and accessories that is me in a nutshell... I won't be in my 20's forever where I can wear all this stuff so Ima do it right while I can lol!!

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be in my 20's forever where I can wear all this stuff so Ima do it right while I can lol!!

*In fabu RuPaul fashion - hand in the air with a twist*  Work it Girl!!!
patches.gif
 LOL!

I never thought of myself as high maintenance but I probably am if I think about it. I also pay for my own stuff. But I look at this way, I am a woman and love to look and feel my best.

Hardly, i like to take care of myself, and when i want to i will take the time to look good, but on the daily life, i'm the girl next door, in jeans and no makeup.

I notice that the older I get the more maintenance I need lol.  I wouldn't say high maintenance since I have no problem leaving the house with no makeup and my hair in a pony.  

Getting your nails done Or buying makeup is not High Maintenance , its just part of life whats wrong or high maintenance in wanting to look good, Now to me high maintenance is having to buy all brand Name stuff, having to only get your hair n makeup done by the best of the best salons and always needing the most expensive things at all times   I am absolutely not high maintenance.

I shop a lot for clothes and makeup. But I don't buy branded stuffs like Chanel bag or Louboutin heels. So I guess, I'm somewhere in the middle.

I think I`m high maintenance - more than the regular girl but nothing extreme. Out of all my friends, I´m the most high maintenance though

compared to half of my friends i am! since the only make up most of them wear is eyeliner, mascara or lipbalm.....while compared to my other friends, i'm low maintenance... they layer their skincare routine, spa treatment, facials, pedi, nails... hair.... you name it they do it! so i guess i'm... average ?? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm extremely low maintenance when it comes to the normal things.

But I'm really needy and clingy since we've had some problems in the past. I'm high-maintenance in that way. But he likes taking care of me.

Having raised 4 kids on a shoestring, it's nice to treat myself to a pedicure or new clothes. But I don't consider myself to be high maintenance. I cut and color my own hair (it's curly, and I'm licensed...so don't freak out). And most of my cosmetic needs are at wholesale cost. Not a jewelry addict. Kind of a shoe addict though :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh yeah.  I pay everything myself though.  

I do have a lot of designer bags, shoes and clothes; I've had land continue to have lots of cosmetic procedures (laser hair removal, botox, microdermabrasion) and am considering some heavier stuff (jaw recontouring[i hate it]) and I spend an appreciable amount of money on personal care products, makeup and salon visits.  As DreamWarrior put it, I'm my own Royal Highness, but I don't really have a problem with that.

I don't really think so. I buy exclusively high-end makeup, that might be about the only reason I qualify though. I don't spend much on clothes, I like to go to thrift stores normally, or if I go to places like Banana Republic, the stuff is always on sale. I also have an employee discount at Ann Taylor. So, I don't know, other than makeup, I'd say I'm not really high maintenance at all.

Back