Waterproof cream or gel eyeliner for the waterline?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know of any good waterproof cream or gel eyeliners for the waterline? I've got fairly watery eyes and whenever I wear kohl it just dissapears. Thanks in advance!

I've been using the cream eyeliners from ELF and they have held up the best on my waterline. I've also hear that Wet N Wild Gel liners are very good.

I second the ELF cream eyeliners.  I have them in every color and not once did I have an issue with any of them on my waterline. 

I cheat and use waterproof mascara and apply it close to the waterline on the lashes then use a brush to smudge it onto the waterline. Never had a problem with doing it that way but take in mind I don't do it often.

I agree with the gel liners.  I've used Mac, Elf, and physicians formula and they all work great.  I have SUPER watery waterlines too.  Another good product is styli style line and seal.  Goldiestarling on youtube told me she has the same problem and that she uses the Wet n Wild cream liner and it works great.

Really? I cant use gel liners on my waterline without it looking uneven. I guess I'm a pencil-type person...

yeah it's really easy I just tried it for the first time maybe a week ago.  Just make sure it's even all over.  I find myself having to go back over sheer spots but it's not a huge deal.

I think I'd be afraid to use a gel liner on my waterline. I stick with pencils.

Hmmm, this question got me thinking!

I have only used pencils in my waterline. Today I tried a white liner on my bottom lids, after seeing it displayed in my daughter's recent magazine. It looked like a hot mess when I was done with it, I'll say that!! I have a gel liner, only one, and I am not even sure if it is waterproof or not, since I only use it on my top lids. I think I'll try it tomorrow.

Something else to consider.... a while back, I bought a bottle of Make Up Forever Eye Seal. You dot it on an eyeliner brush, then dab it in your mineral shadows for an instant waterproof look. It's kind of like fake lash adhesive so I don't know how good it would be REALLY close to the lash line. It would have to be a decision you make yourself. But I guarantee you, if you do use it there?  Your liner wouldn't MOVE!  That stuff is like crazyglue!

(I got mine at Sephora a while ago... they still have it, $20 for a small bottle, lasts forever!)

If you think the white is to bright, try a peach colored pencil.  I use Essence in Almost Famous from Ulta it's like 2 bucks.  Tarte also has one.

Back