Inner Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you women think about inner beauty?  Now, I am a fan of keeping up appearances, but I do think that inner beauty is greatly important.  I read a blog called facingtheworldbook.com, which actually interviews people who are not "attractive", but instead of highlighting their faults, the blog shows their success stories.

What do you think about that?  What do you think about inner beauty?

My philosophy has always been "Doesn't matter how beautiful you are on the outside if you're ugly on the inside".  

Well, it's like in makeup, you may have a pretty packaging but if the product is pure crap, well it's crap, and you don't want to use it.

Actually i was having this conversation with my endocrinologist (she's also a nutritionist) last week, and inner beauty means not stocking up on toxins, so getting things like probiotics and detoxifying your liver do help having an inner beauty. It also means for example doing some cardio exercises to keep your heart in shape. Your skin is an external organ so if you take care of what's inside, it will show up eventually. Beauty comes from the inside.

I think it's really important. My mom and I were talking about ppl we know who were outwardly beautiful when they were young, but weren't kind, just, good ppl and how they don't age nicely. On the otherhand, ppl who weren't that attractive are getting better and better with age. And they were the nice ones, helpful ones, always had a kind word... I think it's one of the lessons (and miracles) of life.

I don't know how I'll age tho, cuz I have a short leash for nonsense and a quick tongue (and fingers)... I suppose I should work on it, lol!

^ lol I've noticed things like that. A lot of the people I know who were cute kids but mean to me (or others) in grade school grew up to not exactly be the models everyone expected them to be. In contrast, a lot of the people who were nice but more ugly duckling/nerd types really grew into their looks. While I'm still extremely insecure about some things, I improved to the degree no one recognizes me at all. Pretty is as pretty does. If I know a guy who's physically sexy but can be an as*****, I don't give a damn how cute he is, even if he does maintain his looks for years and swears he's a nice guy.

Bottom line, inner beauty is important, and while I don't judge a book by its cover, I honestly believe the most physically beautiful men and women I know are also some of the kindest people I know. So weird how my opinion changed dramatically in less than a decade. I never get why people think you have to choose between inner and outer beauty either.

Back