First Attempt at an Ombre Mani

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After seeing some really cool pics, I wanted to try out an ombre mani. I really like the way it came out. I used Zoya Mira and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On for this mani. 

More pics and details here.

Hi hi, what exactly is an ombre mani?  I THINK I'm seeing different shades there..is that it?  I love this colour though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ombre means shade or shadow in french. An ombre mani is when you go from light to dark on each nail or across the hand. All I did was use the original purple color, Mira, for the pinky nail. Then I progressively added white polish to the purple to make it lighter for the other fingers. A more detailed description is on my blog...

You should give it a try...all you need is a saturated color that you like and white polish to mix in with it. 

Ive never seen or heard of this before but I love it! I think I will try this today

Hi ladies.

Whodda thunk it? I've seen ombre as a gradient effect on 1 nail at a time (I'm too impatient) but that is hella cute and so doable.

Very nice job kayjay!!

- Dini

first time I've seen one of these, what a cool idea!!!! Looks very nice, I'm definitely going to have to try this out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, that looks really great!  I need to try that sometime, I've been meaning to but I was always afraid that I'd mess it up ^^;;

Thanks ladies!!! You all should give it a try...it wasn't difficult at all. Make sure you share pics!!! Per some requests on my blog...I'm gonna do a pictorial soon.

Back