what basecoat do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started using Orly's Rubberized Bonder as a base coat after reading some reviews.  I'm just not impressed.  I use my hands a lot but my manicure tends to chip just after a day.  I've mostly been using Orly & China Glaze polishes and always use a top coat.  So I think it could be that I need a new base coat.  What's your favorite?

Right now I'm using Borghese Base/ Top Coat combo. It's okay. Nothing special, I got it for free. I would like to get my hands on a really good basecoat too. Like a super adhering one. I'm willing to wait extra for it to dry if it means my mani's might last longer! 

I currently use Beauty Secrets Moisturizing base coat and then a coat of Creative Nail Design Stickey base coat

I just bought Beauty Secrets Base Coat ($2.99 at Sally) and I think I'm in love!  I've only been wearing it since Friday morning (and that's the first time I've used it), and I've had ABSOLUTELY NO chipping (that's almost 5 days of wear).  I'm wearing Sally Hansen polish (which I've also not tried before, so I'm not sure if the polish is the one with the amazing staying power or the base, but I'm going to investigate).  I've also had VERY little tip wear.

Also, keeping in mind that other than normal use of my hands and nails, I've also been swimming and stuff too!  When I use my China Glaze base coat and get in the pool, my nail polish pretty much comes off in sheets.  Yuck!

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought Beauty Secrets Base Coat ($2.99 at Sally) and I think I'm in love!  I've only been wearing it since Friday morning (and that's the first time I've used it), and I've had ABSOLUTELY NO chipping (that's almost 5 days of wear).  I'm wearing Sally Hansen polish (which I've also not tried before, so I'm not sure if the polish is the one with the amazing staying power or the base, but I'm going to investigate).  I've also had VERY little tip wear.
Ooh, I wanna pick up this base coat now!  I doubt it's the Sally Hansen I've never been impressed with the staying power of those nail polishes

I use various types of nail pain or polish but my finger are never look beautiful. What should i do?
icon_sad.gif

Ive used a few sally hansen's, but I've been using OPI's Natural Base Coat, CND Stickey Base Coat & Seche Clear.

Back