Foundation Help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey lovelies! I know I haven't been super active on here as much as I want to be, house chores and kids make it kind of a hectic day for me lol... Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can help me with picking out foundation brands and colors... I never really felt the need to wear it, but now a days my skin sometimes gets white blotches and I HATE it... Anyway, i'll post a picture here of my recent FOTD look so you guys can get an idea of what my skin color is...

Also, i really hate the ELF studio line foundations... it really made me look oragney and i hate that look... help =)...

In this picture I used Avon's Ideal Shade in Medium Beige, but i think it makes my face look a little lighter and pinkish... i dont really like that either but i didnt have any other colors to use... any advice would be much appreciated! I need powder advice too, like brands, types and colors... Thanks guys...

I almost always have a problem with foundations being WAY to pink on me.  I would definitely look into color correctors like Zadi said

Maybelline Super stay foundation in Natural tan might work or one shade darker as long as it's golden toned and not orange, i usually open up the lid at the store and dab a little from the cap on my skin so i can see it.

Ps I have used that foundation on very yellow people, my cherokee best friend actually gets a good match with natural tan as well.

Thanks you guys! I definitely need to look into the color corrector... I've always just worried about my eye makeup lol... but now that I am getting older, I'm getting dark circles under my eyes and my skin just isn't what it use to be =(... lol oh well at least I can cover it up... you guys are awesome! Thanks a bunch...

I dont even know what undertone color I have... LOL... can someone tell what color undertone I am? I feel like I have a yellow undertone, probably because I am asian, but then sometimes i feel like its red... idk??

I think I'm going to go to Sephora and talk to them about foundations, get a few samples and see what I like best. I currently use Bare Minerals, while I do love it, I don't feel like it makes all my skin even. I want it to be smooth and amazing!! MAC doesn't do samples, do they?

I've never received samples from my local MAC. Boo to them. They want people to buy their products which is why they charge $50 to do a consultation... well it's "free" but you have to buy $50 in products (some places it's still only $25, mine are currently having people buy $50).

@Amy, I need to go to Sephora too, at least we know that they give free samples... I like MAC but I'd like to try it first before I buy it cause it's not cheap! LOL

I like Makeup Forever too, simply because they have a good range of foundations ; i have pink undertones but i either look too yellow or too pink, my current foundation is a beige with a slight pink undertone, but so msall i would classify my foundation as neutral. What's funny is i found neutral foundations in mineral makeup are the best matches for me.

Color correctors are good too, but to cover my whole face i just prefer using a foundation then touch up where i need with a corrector. If you can't find a foundation without looking too pink or too orangey, too yellow, then i would try to find a neutral foundation

I think I have pink undertones but in pictures they look yellow!! So hard to find the right foundation!

It is really hard to find the right foundation, and I hate dragging my kids with me to the store to shop for makeup... lol I need a day off so that I can go alone and not be in a rush =)

@ Amy great idea about getting samples. Also, you can return makeup that doesn't work from CVS & Walgreens (at least here in MI I've never had a problem).  I'm a fan of custom blending using different hues of foundation. Also, I'll mix different liquid foundations to get the "right shade." For example, MAC's foundation is to pink for me, so I'll add in lighter shade of whatever brand I've got around to match my skin. It saves money this way too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back