The best antiperspirant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Share your opinions please, what is the best antiperspirant your boyfriend/husband/friend have used. My husband has tried lots of antiperspirants, but none of them work well.

Sounds as if he may need a prescription strength one which of course can only be given by a doctor.

Sounds like he has hyperhidrosis? I recommend odaban, driclor, certaindri (I just bought this one but I haven't tried it yet) or any other brand that contains Aluminum chloride hexahydrate. It works for me most of the time...but it can be very irritating if not careful!

Clean has a nice antiperspirant that uses cotton in it's formula. You can find this brand at Sephora.

If he really has that bad of a problem with perspiration, he obviously has an imbalance in his body which needs to be addressed. He is best off to see a naturopath/homeopath to get properly treated to eliminate the problem altogether, rather than just covering it up. Aluminums even in regular strength antiperspirants can be very toxic and build up in the body. They are even suspected of causing cancers, etc. Using a stronger dose of these active ingredients will just add to the likelihood that he may have a reaction or further problems down the road.

Last year, I was sent some free samples of perspiration shields, actually. I can't remember the name of them, though. I believe the company was from Australia, but they were starting to sell their products in Canada and the US. Hence the free samples for people in these countries. They have a sticky layer on one side, which you adhere to the inside of your shirt. They stick really well and stay there all day. yes, I had to try them, just out of curiosity and to see if they actually worked :) The shields actually soak up the sweat and help kill associated odor, I believe with charcoal, which is totally safe and natural. Do a search online for those, even through Facebook. Honestly, they are like an oval-shaped pantyliner for the armpit, very thin, very soft, and do work extremely well. They are really not as bad as they sound, honestly :) They are also not at all noticeable under clothing and come in different sizes. Small, medium, large. I think I remember the company saying that they were selling them in pharmacies and retailers like Walmart, etc. They might even still be giving out free samples, so if you find them, you might be lucky :)

I used to sweat a lot, like ungoldly amounts.  I tried SO many products and the only one I found that worked is Certain Dry.  Sold pretty much everywhere.

I have hyperhydrosis and would reak within maybe 2 hours of a shower while sitting in a cool room.  I tried the prescription anti-perspirant (drisol) and it didn't make any difference other than it burned terribly on freshly shaved pits.  My problem is bad enough that it influenced how I dressed and it really made me feel in close situations.  I was always scared how I smelled when I'd get close in a group setting or the worst was when I was intimate(shower first, always).

My solution was botox.  I get botox every 4 or so months and it stops my perspiration dead.  I don't wear deodorant or anti-perspirant any more because of it(100 degree humid day and no perspiration there!).  It's worth a checkout for anyone really suffering from this; any many insurances will cover it (my Priority Health POS does and my prior Aetna PPO did).  It really made all the difference for me.  If sweating really bothers you, do to a dermatologist and see whether drisol or botox will work.

I don't work for anything related to botox, this just is an issue that really affected me.

Originally Posted by imonabhaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have hyperhydrosis and would reak within maybe 2 hours of a shower while sitting in a cool room.  I tried the prescription anti-perspirant (drisol) and it didn't make any difference other than it burned terribly on freshly shaved pits.  My problem is bad enough that it influenced how I dressed and it really made me feel in close situations.  I was always scared how I smelled when I'd get close in a group setting or the worst was when I was intimate(shower first, always).

My solution was botox.  I get botox every 4 or so months and it stops my perspiration dead.  I don't wear deodorant or anti-perspirant any more because of it(100 degree humid day and no perspiration there!).  It's worth a checkout for anyone really suffering from this; any many insurances will cover it (my Priority Health POS does and my prior Aetna PPO did).  It really made all the difference for me.  If sweating really bothers you, do to a dermatologist and see whether drisol or botox will work.

I don't work for anything related to botox, this just is an issue that really affected me.
You put it on freshly shaved skin??? Of course it burned you! I put it on once after I depilated and it burned soooo bad. I don't know what I was thinking! I was simply in a hurry that day and kinda stupid lol. I'm more careful now and it doesn't burn anymore, maybe itches a bit sometimes. Also skin has to be dry when you put it on (I learned that lesson too).

I've been thinking about botox...I'm so seriously tired of this problem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. People who don't have it, can't understand how embarrassing it can be.

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You put it on freshly shaved skin??? Of course it burned you! I put it on once after I depilated and it burned soooo bad. I don't know what I was thinking! I was simply in a hurry that day and kinda stupid lol. I'm more careful now and it doesn't burn anymore, maybe itches a bit sometimes. Also skin has to be dry when you put it on (I learned that lesson too).

I've been thinking about botox...I'm so seriously tired of this problem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. People who don't have it, can't understand how embarrassing it can be.
It'd do the same if I waited a night or even a full day(not as bad, but still burned).  The right on shaved skin was because I was in that stupid barely awake state that morning though, lol.  I hated drisol, and to boot, it didn't even work for me.

Talk to the dermatologist, it's worth a consult.

Originally Posted by imonabhaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It'd do the same if I waited a night or even a full day(not as bad, but still burned).  The right on shaved skin was because I was in that stupid barely awake state that morning though, lol.  I hated drisol, and to boot, it didn't even work for me.

Talk to the dermatologist, it's worth a consult.
I wax now maybe that's why it doesn't irritate anymore. And I only use it once every 14 days or so.

Originally Posted by AndreaRenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has he tried any of the drugstore 'clinical strength' ones?

No, he haven't. But I think he need to do it, thanks.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to sweat a lot, like ungoldly amounts.  I tried SO many products and the only one I found that worked is Certain Dry.  Sold pretty much everywhere.
Did it leave any white spots on the clothes?

I only put it on at night so I didn't have a bleaching problem.  My bf uses it now too because I told him it's awesome and he too puts it on at night and then wears red deodorant during the day.

I only put it on at night so I didn't have a bleaching problem.  My bf uses it now too because I told him it's awesome and he too puts it on at night and then wears red deodorant during the day.

Thanks
flowers.gif

Some antiperspirants which my husband was used work quit well about 6 hours, however they leave white spots on the clothes which were hard to wash. Maybe he wear antiperspirant incorrectly. He apply it in the morning after the shower and wait about 30 sec before wearing clothes. Or maybe there are any ways to wash this white spots not to damage clothes? Thanks in advance
flowers.gif

Oh, the one I'm talking about is like a clear liquid that get absorbed into your skin.  It doesn't leave marks but it can bleach if you put on your clothes and it's still wet.  That's why it's best to apply it at night.

Oh, the one I'm talking about is like a clear liquid that get absorbed into your skin.  It doesn't leave marks but it can bleach if you put on your clothes and it's still wet.  That's why it's best to apply it at night.

Thanks
smile.gif

Back