smashbox photo finish primer VS. urban decau de-slick in a tube

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the title says it all, gals! i can't decide which one i want to buy, and considering the smallest version of smashbox is about $17 i really can't take a chance.

i have (medium) oily skin, and old acne scars, along with large pores around my nose. what would you recommend?

I can't vouch for the urban decay one, but the Smashbox Primer is fantastic. I have oily skin, acne scars and large pores and it works great. A little goes a long way with it too. I have the 1 oz one, the $36 one, and I've had it since March and it's still going and I use it everyday.

I've used both. I'd go with smashbox. I dont like De slick in a tube for primer. To mattify over makeup after a hot day in the kitchen maybe but not as a primer. Actually UD doesn't advertise De-slick as a primer.

the ingredients are:
Aqua (Water), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance

as opposed to smashbox's photo finish primer ingredients;

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

the "..cone"  endings are indicative of primers and De-slick has none.

I haven't used the UD one but I got samples of the Smashbox one and I love it.. And yes, a little does go a long way!

go to Sephora and ask for a sample of it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wouldn't really classify the UD as a primer. I actually use it underneath regular primer most of the time. It basically just dries your skin up and helps prevent shine, whereas the primer helps the application and stay of your makeup.

OHHHHH, well good thing i asked you ladies! i thought de-slick in a tube is a primer! i'm gonna order from sephora this weekend, i want to try the $10 sample kit from benefit that they have (w/ samples of that gal & POREfessional & stay don't stray), but i'm also gonna order a small tube of smashbox photo finish. my local sephora doesn't have the benfit $10 kit, and i really want to use up my $10 giftcard i have, so i'm just gonna order that stuff & the de-slick spray. yay!

thank you ladies !!!!

Back