How is this lip look done?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so intrigued by this look. Does anyone know how to do it?

oh the lips not the eye

Hmm, maybe they put something like MAC pigments over thick clear gloss with a lipbrush, then blended the edges of the colors a bit? Those pics are awesome, especially the rainbow one!

those are so pretty.

it's weird because the gloss is clear. when i put clear closs on, it still kind of changes color. i guess that's photoshop for ya or somethin!

first one:

put a purple pigment (mac's violet piggie) and then a gold one (like golden lemon) in the middle and clear gloss over it. just have to be careful not to mix.

2nd one:

a pinkish pigment (fuschia) on first. then layer on a darker purple on top, but concentrate more on the outer parts of the lips. then clear gloss

3rd:

start off with teal pigment in the center. then a bright green piggie (or maybe sprout e/s), then golden lemon piggie, then basic red matte piggie with clear gloss on top.

i've never used mac's mixing medium before, so i'm not sure if they used that to apply the stuff first.

I figured it was pigments but like you said Liz, you'd think it would smear when putting gloss on. And it does look like a thick gloss, so that would make it even tougher. maybe there is something put on over the pigment so the gloss won't smear it..?

lol i thought you were asking about the colors.

yeah. that's what i can't figure out either. i don't know if mixing medium is lip safe. that's the only thing i can think of right now if that's what they used.

No, I was asking about the color too Liz. I was just surprised I was right! hahaha

So mixing medium? I don't know what that is. A product to keep makeup on?

The medium kind of "liquifies' the product... like it will make eyeshadow into a liner, etc. etc.

I love those looks... they look like candy. :icon_chee

it's a pro product. but i think you can call a store or the #1-800 to ship to you. or buy a sample on ebay.

Beautiful! It's a VERY editorial look... and highly photo shopped to get that sheen. But try mixing pigments with MAC's LipMix (a pro product) and then topping it with clear lipglass. LipMix is a pigmented cream for the lips and comes in lots of shades & textures, so you can custom make your own lipstick!

LOL Karrie! I saw girls posting FOTD's on another site and they actually photoshop their eye colour and make up! SAD

It looks like the colour on the lips is actually applied (you can see some feathering if you look closely) but the gloss looks photoshopped.

Back