I need some help. Choosing a foundation for a dehydrated skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I everybody

I need some help to find a new foundation that does for me.

I  used to use mac mineralizer spf15 foundation but I'm not happy about how it looks on my skin.

Is not very natural and when it dries a bit my fine expression marks at the sides of the lips become very emphasized and sometimes it turns a little flaky in certain specific areas like in the space between the brows...

I would like to find a foundation that suits me best but I'm completely lost
11dh.gif

My skin isn't exactly dry but tends to dehydratation . I use chanel Hydramax  precision+ active moistourizer that is very hidratating but not greasy

You could try mixing in Cetaphil or Mac Strobe liquid to thin it out/add moisture to it. If it's still not suitable for you, I'd suggest going with a more moist foundation. Merle Norman's foundation is pretty moist, and MAC's face and body foundation has a bit more "slip" to it. Let me know any questions you may have :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my skin is on the dry side. i guess its similar to yours. its not dry, just gets dehyrdated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i use chanel vitalumiere aqua. it's not oily or anything. its really hydrating for a foundation. also if you do get it, use your fingers and not a brush/sponge to apply :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have dehydrated skin, but I use Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy liquid to exfoliate, and Paula's Choice mineral sunscreen spf 15 for very dry skin to moisturize before I apply foundation. If I didn't do this my foundation would look SO flaky.

I use asian BB creams as foundation as they are more creamy and glide smoothly and for nom/dry skin, and they have SPF and skincare properties. I use:

Dr. Jart Silver label BB Cream

Coverqueen Gold Caviar BB Cream

BRTC Recover Balm BB Cream

You can also try wearing a primer in order to make sure the foundation doesn't absorb your moisturizer. I like MAC's primer because it's creamy in texture.

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could try mixing in Cetaphil or Mac Strobe liquid to thin it out/add moisture to it. If it's still not suitable for you, I'd suggest going with a more moist foundation. Merle Norman's foundation is pretty moist, and MAC's face and body foundation has a bit more "slip" to it. Let me know any questions you may have :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thank  you so much
claps.gif

I'll try to try the strobe liquid and the face and body foundation as I still have one of those vouchers for a free make-up session and then  I'll tell you.

Originally Posted by honeykim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my skin is on the dry side. i guess its similar to yours. its not dry, just gets dehyrdated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i use chanel vitalumiere aqua. it's not oily or anything. its really hydrating for a foundation. also if you do get it, use your fingers and not a brush/sponge to apply :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'll try to get a sample first to see how it works on me but it sounds great and perfect for me... Just the thing I was looking for :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can also try wearing a primer in order to make sure the foundation doesn't absorb your moisturizer. I like MAC's primer because it's creamy in texture.

Great advise, thanks
smile.gif

I haven't tried a primer before.

Back