What product do you always come back to?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over the years I have tried MANY.... MANY!! .... skin care and makeup products. Just when I think I've found the one I'll love forever, some advertising or sample makes me stray away. Sometimes I'm happy with the new product. Other times I'm ashamed I left my favorite one in the first place, as nothing really compares to it:

I wrote my latest blog post about just this:   https://www.makeuptalk.com/beautyblog/im-sorry-i-strayed/

So tell me and share.... what are a few products that you absolutely love, then stayed away to try something else, only to come back with "your makeup brushes between your legs" and have to admit it just wasn't as good??? And now you vow you'll never switch or stray again??

So far....shiseido sheer matifying foundation & lancome mascara .. I'm not usually a brand name spender, but I keep going back to those 2!

There's only three products I use continuously Almay Skin Smoothing Concealer, Almay TLC Powder, and Almay Eyeliner. Almay has great products.

I always get almay eyeliner. other than that i'm still in the experimental phase of figuring out what works for me. i have to say i've been using clinique's acne solutions steps 2 and 3 and then philosophy's purity cleanser pretty consistently though and i don't see that changing anytime soon. i haven't had a zit in a couple months.

Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof.

Diorshow, LashBlast, BadGal, nothing matches it for me.

Although who doesn't love some Diorshow every now and then haha

the product that I have used the longest..by far..MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder.  I'm always on the lookout for new foundation, new brow powders, new eyeshadows, new glosses...but I've never even bothered looking for a new face powder..

I always come back to Physicians formula stick concealer in light and the yellow one for undereyes.

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, why change what works ?

I also remain very addicted to YSL False Lashes mascara, other mascaras do just fine, but for the extra oomph, i go back to the golden tube.

smilehappyyes.gif
I always come back to Carol's Daughters
Bring In The Moisture. I lovvvvve this product. It leaves my skin smooth and it keeps my face clean and fresh. I sometimes have breakouts...and try to use other (cheaper) products...but there is no other product like this one that really "delivers" like this one!

MUFE HD #5 primer. Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner. MUFE HD powder. Stila Lillium CC & NARS Penny Lane cremeblushes. NARS Copacabana Multiple. MAC Blitz & Glitz Fluidline. Chanel Kaska Beige Quad. NARS AAE Duo. Wet 'n' Wild Brule eyeshadow. NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil. Ardell#305 lashes.

I don't think I've tried enough products to find an outstanding one, but if I did I'd have to say Essence waterproof liquid eyeliner. That stuff doesn't come off if the world depended on it XD

Back