New Dior Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I got an email from Sephora today advertising new Dior adhesive reusable eyeliner patches.  What do you all think of this?  Would you use them?  And has anyone used anything like these before?

I have played with false  lash strips and they feel kind of odd but I am not quite sure of whole liner "patches."

I read before that  Amy, the mastermind of Sugrapill, used to use black electrical tape cut into eyeliner shapes.  I am so curious but not sure if $60 is worth shelling out for these things.  

Whoa!  that's kinda crazy lol.  The question is are they harder to put on than just doing the look yourself?  and 60 bucks!!!!  Just for that 4 pair?

Now this, takes the cake!

From Sephora:

Backstage Eyeliners-To-Wear Multi-Wear Adhesive Eyeliner Patches
What it is:
A set of innovative eyeliner "patches" that are ready to wear in minutes.

What it does:
Designed by Dior makeup artists, the results of these velvet eyeliner appliqués are spectacular. Like a sticker or transfer tattoo, the designs range from the simplest matte-black to the most lavish, lacquered finish bedecked with sparkling Swarovski crystals.

This set contains:
- 4 pairs of eyeliner patches: 2 black ones, 1 all pasted with anthracite grey crystals, 1 black with white crystals
- small glue

What else you need to know:
These adjustable, multipurpose patches are comfortable and easy to apply. Expertly designed and adaptable to every eye shape, they can be applied to the eyelids and to the base of the lashes. Included in a sleek Dior sleeve is a sheet of eyeliners to be applied onto the eyelid.

Price: $59.00

I wonder how many uses you get out of each one?  I love the idea of a perfect wing everytime.

It doesn't say - but I would assume (if you handle them carefully) you could get two or three uses out of them.
confused.gif

I would imagine they are a very thin silky material that could rip if handled ruffly - afterall, these would have contour to your eye and move with your eyes, so I don't think the material is very thick or durable at all.

At most, I think two uses.  Oh wait - they don't mention how to take these suckers off do they? Hmmmm.
icon_frown.gif

Looks like a cool idea, but I don't see how it would be usable if you had say overly round eyes or really flat eyes, heavy eyelids etc..

They say that they are easily removed if you gently pull them off and put them back on the silicone sheet.  I would try them if they were not $60.  I am tempted to perhaps make my own like Amy did with black tape but well, I am not fond of the idea of tape on my face...

I noticed that in the picture they sent me, the models are not wearing the eyeliner patches, they are wearing painted on lines so yeah I am so curious to read reviews once real people send in pictures to their site. 

Originally Posted by Lauren Ball /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed that in the picture they sent me, the models are not wearing the eyeliner patches, they are wearing painted on lines

LOL  ><

seriously I think that when advertising for a product the models should be wearing that product.  That makes me angry especially when they advertise mascara and you know that the models are wearing fake lashes.  Cover Girl ads are the only one to have fine print in the magazines about the false lashes oye

Originally Posted by alicia denny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These look super amazing and I cannot wait to try them!!!
If you do get them be sure to post a ton of pictures of the process getting them on and off! 

Back