Best mascara for long straight lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, my lashes are quite long but thin and straight so I really want a mascara that will curl then and give them more volume I've tried loads but they don't seem to work, any suggestions?

-Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My eyelashes are super straight and I've found the only thing that works for me is curling my lashes (my fave curler is my shu uemura)  and then using any maybelline WP mascara.   My current fave is stiletto

Ok, well I bought some eyelash curlers a while ago and they don't seem to work, they were cheap ones but i don't know if it's because my eyelashes are straight and hard to curl, I might try buying some new ones and i will look into giving that mascara a go, have you used rimmel sexy curves mascara? I was thinking of trying that but I don't want to buy things unless I know they are good.

Thanks,

I would definitely invest in a good curler.  No mascaras ever curl my lashes because they are soooo straight.  I haven't tried rimmel mascara ever actually lol

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My eyelashes are super straight and I've found the only thing that works for me is curling my lashes (my fave curler is my shu uemura)  and then using any maybelline WP mascara.   My current fave is stiletto

Yeah, I had the exact same problem...my straight Asian  lashes just won't stay curled. I just tried Maybelline One by One in waterproof and was all like "WHOA!" Unfortunately, waterproof mascaras are suchhhh a pain to take off. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the Rimmel Sexy Curves. It didn't work too well on me prob cuz my lashes aren't even long enough to be curled XP

I agree with Bonnie - get a curler!

From what I understand, using waterproof mascara is the best way to maintain a curl. Use the curlers, then apply the waterproof mascara, it should hold the curl better. Don't just use a curling mascara, you need a waterproof one.

Originally Posted by taliacrayon24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I had the exact same problem...my straight Asian  lashes just won't stay curled. I just tried Maybelline One by One in waterproof and was all like "WHOA!" Unfortunately, waterproof mascaras are suchhhh a pain to take off. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I use neutrogena's makeup remover and it gets the mascara off no problem :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok thanks a lot everyone this has helped loads, I will definitely invest in a new curler then! And I'm still undecided about which mascara to get, but it will definitely be a waterproof one and probably maybelline.

Originally Posted by Misha-29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok thanks a lot everyone this has helped loads, I will definitely invest in a new curler then! And I'm still undecided about which mascara to get, but it will definitely be a waterproof one and probably maybelline.

Don't forget a good makeup remover - water and soap are usually not enough with the water proof formulations.

You can check ebay for the shu uemura   thats a cult favorite.  You can get 1 for 5-10 bucks

Ok well there's some from china for £2.99 so they are probably fake, I think I will get some from a uk seller that are £10 including postage. -Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think a good curler would help. Have you thought about "perming" your eye lashes? My cousin did that and it kept her lashes curled for a few weeks without having to use a curler. Mascara wise i dont think i've used one that actually curls my lashes, but I do love L'Oreal's voluminous, and i recently just tried the Cover Girl's Natrualuxe Mouse - I love it! it comes off easy at night time, no need to dig in to get the mascara out and it stays all day.

Oh thought so, obviously with doing a hair and beauty course at college I know about perming hair, but wouldn't It be a bit dangerous on your eyes and wouldn't It damage them? :S

Back