Eyeshadow Palette.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning on buying an eyeshadow palette, I want one of those like 120 colour ones so I will have all the colours I need, I'm on quite a low budget and I've seen one online called Blush professional 120 colour eyeshadow palette for £12.99, does anyone know if it will be any good or is it worth buying a more expensive one?

-Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From what I've seen and understood, the majority of those 120 palettes are all the same. They're all (mostly) made by the same company and other cosmetic companies will buy from the original manufacturer and just slap their name on it. Rather then getting one for £20 get one for £12.99  odds are they're almost identical. If you're curious. I bought mine off eBay from Beauties Factory - I think it cost me $13 with shipping and its pretty good. 

I have a 120 and 2 88s.  The 120 is ok, there's a lot of colors that I have to dig into to get any color.   The only palette I would highly recommend is the 88 shimmer.  I have no problems with it.

I have 120 color palette from BHCosmetics... price was fairly inexpensive... colors are ok, some colors you really do have to dig into it like Bonnie says... but overall I like it, it has a bunch of colors you can play with...

Ok, well I would really like one that has some shiny/glittery colours but I still want a 120 colour one, and I haven't seen any. Does anyone know of any? Thanks. -Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a great palette to start with, you have all the colors that you need, with different textures. But I wouldn't recommend buying a second one of this type (I mean a 88/96 colors palette) since this isn't really the best quality and you would end up mostly with the same colors. Invest in something better, even if it's just NYX or Sleek.

Ok, do you think I should just buy a better one in the first place, or should I give this one a go first?

Ok well I will give it a go and I can always get a better one in the future. How long do you think a palette like this would last me if I used it everyday? -Misha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hmmm.... I'd say quite a while.   I've had an 88 for like 2 years and i use it maybe 1 a week/every couple of weeks and there's barely a dent in it

I think anyone who is passionate about make-up should have one of these as... let's say a basic palette. As for how long it will last, even though the containers are really small, I would say this would last you for at least a couple of years.

Ok then, well I doubt I will be using it everyday but I just wondered how long it would last if I did, I will probably just use it like once a week or something or when I go out, obviously the colours I use the most will go quicker, but I just wanted a general idea. Thanks again everyone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think this might be the same as one I bought. Manley cosmetics I think, I paid about £16 for it on ebay a few years back. I have to admit, I've never used it much. I had one before that was fairly well used, I had that before I build up a collection of MAC pigment samples from http://www.halocaustic.co.uk/ .

I find the shimmer effect ones can often be quite good, but the matte effect ones are often very chalky, I think they a mixed with a ton of talc, etc... really hard to get a decent look from them, in my opinion anyway.

I don't think that it's a manley, I did look at a manley one though. I guess I wont know what it's like until I get it and give it a go, I'm buying it in a week so I will you all know how I get on lol.

Back