Check this bad boy!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mates booking it for us!!! cant wait!

One Day Hair And Make-Up Course Plus MAC Goody Bag for £29 at Blaze (£300 Value) Creating the perfect smoky eyes can be a lot like cooking; it requires patience, the right ingredients, careful blending, and a toaster. There’s no smoke without a blaze with today’s Groupon: £29 for a one day hair and make-up course at Blaze.

With tutors possessing a wealth of industry experience and a large client base of models and celebrities, Blaze Management Agency provides an abundance of courses for future embellishment experts. Their vast foundation powered fountain of knowledge offers lessons in hair, make-up, nails and body treatments, with recognised accreditations and wall worthy certificates for successful students.

Held at The Royal York Hotel, students will spend a full day with an experienced tutor to master the ancient martial art of enhancement. Using a mix of demonstrations and working on real models, students will be led through how to create stunning day and evening looks, learning to recognise what colours complement different skin tones, face shapes and hairstyles, as well as finding the best products to use. Burning questions will be addressed in a question and answer session, and students will graduate with a certificate to prove their completion of the course.

Blaze Hair and make up, course. Various locations.
http://www.blazema.com

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/york/-blaze-/807925?nlp&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_250&a=482

THIS COURSE IS A SHAM.

I HAVE JUST SENT THE BELOW EMAIL TO THEIR MANAGERS AS A COMPLAINT.

I am writing to make an official complaint and I am considering taking this to trading standards and will write warnings of this sham in every social media I can if this complaint isn't resolved. I will expect a response within 3-5 working days or this will go further.   I attended the make up course on 5th November in Bristol. I feel I have been completely shammed out of £29, my time, not even mentioning the petrol money the 3 hour round journey cost me. I AM LIVID. I told myself that maybe the goody bag with a MAC item (previously sold on the groupon site as a MAC goodybag - this is mis-selling one MAC product does not make it a MAC goody bag) would stop me complaining about this ridiculous course. NO ONE WOULD PAY THE ADVERTISED ACTUAL PRICE OF £300 - this is PROPOSTEROUS. Who in their right mind would pay £300 to sit in a room with 30 people who have no clue what they are doing and one make up artist who clearly cannot train a group of so many in 3 hours the promises made. I was so disappointed I left before we got to hair. I take make up really seriously and was considering a career move into make up in film and tv. I could have not be more put off.   You stated the below in your email to each person that bought the course.   COURSE STRUCTURE  you will be asked to pair up first of all. The session will then be broken up into a daytime hair and make-up look and an evening hair and make- up look.  You will be given hand outs to also take away with you at the end of the day to re- create your look. No actually there was none - breaks were offered in the middle of 'creating looks' demonstrations were only done on 3 or 4 people and no one got handouts just a strong plug to go to superdrug and buy a contouring kit. GOODIE BAGS including a MAC product will be either given to you on the day of the course or sent directly to your chosen address. 3 weeks later this has STILL NOT ARRIVED CERTIFICATES of the day will be given to you at the end of your day course for you to take away with you. These were never offered DRESS CODE please ensure that you are dressed comfortably, no jeans.   Salon uniforms can be worn if you wish. - This wrongly implied professionals would be coming to the course. They were obviously wise enough to know that it wasn't worth £29 let alone the £300 value it's stated to be worth (THIS ALONE IS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS) EQUIPMENT please bring your own make-up kit with you as you could be working with products you already have. Products will be available to use from each tutor on the day and there will be a limited amount available that must be returned at the end of each session. We highly recommend that you bring along your own make-up brushes for Health & Hygiene purposes. I PREVIOUSLY EMAILED REQUESTING TO BORROW A KIT ON THE DAY AND THIS WAS CONFIRMED TO ME AND YET THERE WAS NONE - MAKING THE ENTIRE DAY POINTLESS HANDOUTS will be available for all students after the course - THERE WERE NO HANDOUTS MAKE-UP/HAIR CARE will all be available to order from our website once we launch in October and every student will receive a gift voucher in their goody bag to spend online. - THE GOODY BAG WHICH I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED!

I've been trying for the past 6 wks to get a response from them so that I can actually book onto it! 

It seems everyone is having problems with them, there are lots of similar reviews, on one I read it said they cant get goody bags to people as they cant afford because they've had to issue so many refunds!!  Groupon and the other deal sites really need to check out these companies before they start selling their offers!! 

Me and my friend are getting a refund. Groupon have not been able to contact Blazema and the venue never had a booking.

I had put a complaint about them on this forum, but I was advised the legal team were contacted and it had to be removed, so we'll see how long this one lasts.

No wonder there are no reviews for the courses anywhere. Freedom of speech?....who ever has the biggest lawyer has the freedom!

Even if a lawyer requested you take down something you don't if it's your honest opinion of your experience. The lawyer or so-called lawyer's threats are empty threats so next time you get such a threat let them know that YOU in kind will be filing a complaint against THEM with the board that regulates attorneys. In the US each state has a State Bar which a complaint against an attorney can be made. It's also ILLEGAL in the US for someone to send out threats under the guise of an attorney. In the UK I don't know who regulates attorneys or if it's illegal for someone to impersonate one (by sending out threats). My advise, if if this is NOT resolved through Groupon then make sure to contact your credit/debit card company and file a dispute.

Not the first time that Groupon have sold something that does not exist or was not available in the quantities sold.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even if a lawyer requested you take down something you don't if it's your honest opinion of your experience. The lawyer or so-called lawyer's threats are empty threats so next time you get such a threat let them know that YOU in kind will be filing a complaint against THEM with the board that regulates attorneys. In the US each state has a State Bar which a complaint against an attorney can be made. It's also ILLEGAL in the US for someone to send out threats under the guise of an attorney. In the UK I don't know who regulates attorneys or if it's illegal for someone to impersonate one (by sending out threats). My advise, if if this is NOT resolved through Groupon then make sure to contact your credit/debit card company and file a dispute.

Well the powers that be on here took down my post and when I asked why, I was advised that the "we have been contacted by our legal counsel to move the thread" I have to admit I was very disapointed and saddened by it.

Had exactly the same experience as VKLovesMac - my sister, best friend and I have just spent the most pointless day in Guildford at this class - the instructors were over an hour late, with NO apology when they eventually did turn up. Some people walked out at this point, the least you would expect is a sorry, and then to introduce themselves. But no, walked straight past us all... The class was ridiculously oversubscribed, around 60 people when we were told it'd be a class around 20-30! The hair demonstration had NO explanation, people actually had to keep asking what it was she was actually doing! By this point we all realised it wasnt what we'd signed up for and again, more people decided to leave. We stayed (silly us) and found out we'd basically paid £29 to put our own makeup on the exact same way we do it every day and to watch a woman tangle some poor girls hair whilst saying she was doing a french pleat, that then turned into a beehive with a quiff at the front - make it up as you go much?? Save your money and just go to the nearest department store makeup counter, you'll get much better service and value for money!!

WOW you'd think Groupon would put in some effort to verify that the companies they're advertising and selling services/merchandise for are legit? I can't believe the venue had never even been booked! That's ridiculous!

Why did I NOT see this thread 1/2 hour ago!!!!

My girlfriend sent me the link and she bought it and so did I?!  I just got my confirmation when I decided to search here if anyone had heard about them!!

What am I going to do now?!!
icon_evil.gif
 Crap!

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and attend the classes to see how they compare to other classes I've taken. 
confused.gif

FYI - Groupon cancelled their relationship with Blaze and offered everyone a refund - this is the message they sent me:

Thanks for purchasing the Groupon for Blaze Management Agency.

We have heard that some of our customers are having trouble redeeming their Groupons with Blaze. We realize how frustrating that can be and we want to make it right as soon as possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

If you haven’t used your Groupon, you are eligible for a refund. To claim your refund, sign into your Groupon account at www.groupon.com/mygroupons. From here, click “Claim Refund†and select a refund either to the form of payment originally used for the purchase or to your Groupon account to be used for future purchases.

If you purchased this Groupon as a gift or are having trouble claiming your refund, please contact us at www.groupon.com/support and we’ll be glad to assist you.

We appreciate your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Groupon Customer Support

When you go into your account to claim your refund, that's where they notify you that the relationship with Blaze has been cancelled.

Just recieved this email, now have 2 disapointed tennagers who where trying to start out in hair & make up & got this as part of thier Christmas, thanks a lot Blaze now to try for a refund

Hi,

Unfortunately all March courses have to be cancelled due to Blaze being bought by a Canadian company. It would be best for yourselves to get a refund as we can’t issue anymore dates due to the shutdown.  

I am very sorry for all the inconvenience that has been caused. And I am sorry if you where looking forward to the day. I hope you understand the circumstances and I thank you for your co-operation.

Kind regards, Vicki

--
Code:
 [B]Edinburgh[/B] [I][URL="http://blazema.com/"][/URL][/I]

Hello,

Would you know who i would get a refund for this, my voucher expires end of this month. and i have emailed the company to book a place but i havnt heard anything form them. Just read all the reviews, so im def not going to go out of my way and attend this. How can i get a refund???

Many Thanks

Naz

Originally Posted by NazKhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello,

Would you know who i would get a refund for this, my voucher expires end of this month. and i have emailed the company to book a place but i havnt heard anything form them. Just read all the reviews, so im def not going to go out of my way and attend this. How can i get a refund???

Many Thanks

Naz
Try these links from the posts above:

If you haven’t used your Groupon, you are eligible for a refund. To claim your refund, sign into your Groupon account at http://www.groupon.com/mygroupons. From here, click “Claim Refund†and select a refund either to the form of payment originally used for the purchase or to your Groupon account to be used for future purchases.

If you purchased this Groupon as a gift or are having trouble claiming your refund, please contact us at http://www.groupon.com/support and we’ll be glad to assist you.

We appreciate your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Good luck!

That's weird, instead of getting: "Hi, Unfortunately all March courses have to be cancelled due to Blaze being bought by a Canadian company. It would be best for yourselves to get a refund as we can’t issue anymore dates due to the shutdown." etc I got: Hi Ladies, Unfortunately the course on the 31st March has had to be postponed until the 28th April, please let me know if you can still attend, if not you may obtain a full refund from groupon Thanks Ellie How is this even running then? Having said that, the 'full details of the course' to be sent 'a week before' are yet to be sent to me. So I actually have no idea where the course is to be held in Brighton this Saturday! This is shocking. it puts me off buying ANYTHING from Groupon, how are they this irresponsible?!?! I guess because they know they can get away with it. Awful. And Blazema/Blaze or whatever you're called now/then, shame on you!!!

just found this site after having bother with Blazema in Newcastle! i booked for me and a friend to do the course befor xmas and only got around to booking a date in april, everything was fine and was waiting for the email the week before with all the details, i then got the email saying 'due to unforeseen circmstances we will have to postpone your course date and will be back in touch soon' this was over a month ago, ive sent emails but heard nothing back so just sent Groupon a complaint hoping i can get a refund!!

Misty

we got our money back in the end. we caused a bit of a fuss on their FB pages and posted blogs about it.

Back