Allergies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was using one of those iridescent liquid liners (the green one)  from Forever21 the other day, and for some odd reason everywhere I put it started to have a burning sensation.  Is there a reason for that?  And has anyone else had this problem?

Originally Posted by Paradoxismminnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was using one of those iridescent liquid liners (the green one)  from Forever21 the other day, and for some odd reason everywhere I put it started to have a burning sensation.  Is there a reason for that?  And has anyone else had this problem?
I get the same reaction from Sephora's glitter eye liners and I know lots of people have had reactions to it as well. Discontinue using it since there is something in the product you're having a reaction to or continue to use it at your own risk.

I agree that you should discontinue use; however ,where exactly on the eye do you apply it? (Waterline, under eye, top lid, etc..) Have you had this experience before? Could you compare ingredient lists of products that have irritated you?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get the same reaction from Sephora's glitter eye liners and I know lots of people have had reactions to it as well. Discontinue using it since there is something in the product you're having a reaction to or continue to use it at your own risk.
Yeah, I washed it off my face immediately and stopped using it.  I care more about the safety of my skin and eyes than glittery liner, haha.  Do you think it has to do with the glitter?

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree that you should discontinue use; however ,where exactly on the eye do you apply it? (Waterline, under eye, top lid, etc..) Have you had this experience before? Could you compare ingredient lists of products that have irritated you?
I never had it before with any other liner (liquid or solid).  However, it was the first time I had tried a sparkly/iridescent liner.  I applied it above my upper lashes, and I was doing a "vine" look so I also applied it around my eye and down by my mouth.  The areas nearest my eyes/mouth were the worst.  This has actually been the only product I've ever had cause a reaction like that.  I was looking for an ingredients list and couldn't find one D:

I have that reaction with some lip glosses. I'd say discontinue use right away and never buy it again

Originally Posted by Paradoxismminnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I washed it off my face immediately and stopped using it.  I care more about the safety of my skin and eyes than glittery liner, haha.  Do you think it has to do with the glitter?
To be honest, I have no idea. I use Wet 'n' Wild's Fantasy Maker glitter liners (available now at most stores that sell WnW) and have never had a problem with their glitter liners. It could be something in the liquid portion of Sephora's liners itself.

Ingredients:

01 Black:02 Silver, 03 Opal, 04 Purple, 05 Blue, and 06 Teal:

Water, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glycerin, PVP, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide.

07 Gold:

Water, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Glycerin, PVP, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyurethane-11, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.
Since I own the teal, black, gold and white and all four burn my eyes it could any of the bolded items that's the culprit.

Back