Dare to Be Nails – 1950s - (September 9 – September 24)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=13.5pt]It's Time for a New Theme![/SIZE]
claps.gif
 Chosen by Jeanarick - winner of the Dare To Be Nails Challenge - Tropical Inspired
15d.gif

Remember!

If you are planning on entering this challenge, please post your entry in this thread and then PM../../../../../../user/ox0xbarbiex0xo me with your choice of theme should you win the challenge. If you do not PM me with your choice, your entry will not be included in the voting poll. I will do my best to remind anyone should they forget. 
sadyes.gif

[SIZE=10.5pt]Entry deadline for Dare to Be Challenges will be at 6pm Central Time on the last day of the challenge. (2 weeks time) Please have your entry posted and[/SIZE] [SIZE=19.5pt]PM[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]sent to me, prior to this date/time. [/SIZE]
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thank You! XO

[SIZE=13.5pt]Here are some inspirational pictures, but feel free to add your own to this thread:[/SIZE]

I think there's a lot of room for creativity here, just think of things like the powder puff colors of cars back then with big white wall tires - one could easily do a reverse french manicure in teal and white with that in mind.  Or think of old fashioned diners with brightly colored booths and shiny silver trim.  Geometric patterns with stark contrasting colors, black vinyl records, oxford saddle shoes, monograms.  There are so many things to draw inspiration from.

I did this manicure with the 1950's in mind (not an entry as it's already been published here on MuT):

The 50's are one of my fav decades, and I had to enter! Hard to see the thumb, but its a record, then music notes, then a saddle shoe, ring finger is suppose to be those sparkly diner chairs, and pinky is a yummy sundae..YaY!!

Okay I used a few bundle monster stamps and came up with a 50's theme pattern and also got to try out my new deep purple Zoya polish called Hope!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey ladies! Vixie will be taking over again soon! So msg her your theme choices, and hopefully the next challenge will be up soon!

Getting into the swing of things. I will have the next challenge up by Friday if not before!!

Back