Good anti-redness serum?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was a kid I received a bad sun burn to my nose and 10 years later I am still paying the price. 

The skin on my nose goes really, really red when cold (not even below zero) and sometimes when I am overheated.

I went to a bunch of derms and they all said "sorry it's just the way it is" or "nothing I can do for you".

But actually I've tried Xtendlife Men's Cream and the anti-inflammatory properties in it helped soothe the redness in a major way. Basically proving the derms wrong.

However, I do not wish to keep using Xtendlife products because they are nano focused.

So I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any positive results with anti-redness creams, lotions, or serums like, for example, Marie Veronique Anti-Redness Remedy?

If you find one, mail me !

My issue is a bit different as i have rosacea. It's basically a sensitive skin that reacts to any change in the environment so i use products for sensitive skins. I also use sunscreen. In my experience, that's all "anti-***" products do, minimize the reaction. Then those days i hate my skin i simply apply makeup to cover everything.

I have rosacea & I've been using rose water on my face for a few months. It seems to be calming my skin & the red cheeks are fading. I would say it's worth a try.

I bought mine from the pharmacy but you could probably find it at the health food store too. I put it in a spray bottle. I cleanse, let the cleanser sink in and then do 3 or 4 sprays of rosewater. I then gently wipe the cleanser off with a cotton square. Spray it on your face (with or without makeup) during the day & keep it in the fridge in Summer, it really helps cool you down.

[SIZE=14pt]Red and itchy skin can be prevented by following these steps. Try to keep your home's humidity around 50% for overall health and comfort, be sure to drink plenty of water. . Itchy skin treatments include medications, wet dressings and light therapy. Self-care measures, including anti-itch products and cool baths, can also help.[/SIZE]

Back